Supervised by: Client Services Manager
Department: Client Services
General Scope of Responsibilities: Under supervision, the Service Coordinator is responsible for identifying needs, developing plans, coordinating services, monitoring services, and providing advocacy for a caseload of persons with developmental disabilities, consistent with the Lanterman Act, applicable statutes and regulations, and the agency Vision.
Specific Types of Job Duties:
1) Develop and ensure implementation of person-centered Individual Program Plans (IPPs) for all Clients assigned to the caseload, consistent with current agency philosophy, processes, and documentation standards.
2) Periodically monitor the status of implementation of the IPPs for all Clients assigned to the caseload, completing required case documentation consistent with current agency and/or state standards, e.g. Periodic Progress Reports, Client Development Evaluation Reports, case notation, etc.
3) Provide support and guidance to Clients, family members, and/or guardians or conservators regarding developmental disabilities, services and supports that may assist the Client and/or family to achieve their desired goals and objectives.
4) Assist Clients and/or their families to access publicly available resources (e.g. Medical, schools, California Children Services, Mental Health, transit, etc.) and to identify naturally available resources in their lives and communities that may assist them to live a full and inclusive lifestyle.
5) Collaborate with and/or consult with agency or external multi-disciplinary resources to assist Clients in identifying their needs and in determining plans to meet their needs.
6) When necessary, make referrals to agency vendors/service providers to meet Client
IPP objectives, follow current agency standards for requesting and authorizing Purchase of Service funds.
7) Perform assigned monitoring respo