Project Manager Job in Mankato, MN
$90-150K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client in Mankato, MN is looking to hire a Project Manager. The Project Manager manages and is accountable for the project management, contract performance, and internal interface of assigned projects. Manages development projects of moderate complexity and scope, capital projects, or portions of projects/programs. Serves as the focal point to all stakeholders, both internal and external, for the project(s). Project scope is generally evaluated based on non-recurring engineering (NRE) cost of the project(s).
· Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components. Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements, and performing risk analysis. As described by AGS PRM-01 (Program Management Policy).
· Defines plans and monitors costs and technical performance to milestones/schedules for customer projects through coordinated team effort.
· Makes decision on technical and schedule priorities for projects within the team’s scope.
· Facilitates and ensures effective product/technology gate reviews.
· Continually improves project effectiveness through process and system standardization.
· Communicates project status to Division staff, management, and customer through project/program reviews and elevates issues as required.
· Makes project decisions within overall budget and resources parameters. Utilize cost and budget parameters as input for project prioritization.
· Establishes, monitors, and controls project costs and approves budget expenditures.
· Leads team (direct and/or cross-functional) to develop action plans to drive improved project performance.
* BA/BS degree in engineering, sciences, business, or a related field. Advanced degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
* PMP certification required, typically required within 6 months of assignment;
* 8 or more years of related work experience with demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through with technical engineering and manufacturing projects and programs; may have specialized requirements.
* 2 or more years prior project management experience
* Prior cross-functional and business experience leading projects and programs with high-technology customers, products, technology and processes
* IIn-depth knowledge of the Project Management five stage process and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
* Proficient with project management tools, including, but not limited to: scheduling, cost management, change control, time management, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, and risk management.
* Ability to communicate and serve as the customer advocate to fulfill contract requirements; guides the project team to quickly identify and address complex and critical issues and to resolve problems encountered by the team.
* Effective interpersonal and presentation skills; skilled at applying negotiation principles to achieve beneficial results. Able to influence business decisions and negotiate resource allocation.
· Proficiency with financial analysis (e.g. cost breakdowns, risk analysis, budget, etc) and experience with cost, contract terms and conditions, and profit decisions.
· Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry. Takes steps to safeguard Parker competitive information and intellectual property.
· Proven ability to foster teamwork and cooperation with diverse groups of employee
· Ability to support and develop the project team through training and individual coaching.