Amazon.com Services LLC
Are you ready to drive commercial motor vehicles locally from building to building and help Amazon deliver world class service? Transportation Associates will perform semi-trailer moves in the trailer yard, coordinate yard activities (such as checking in trailers, traffic flow, internal communications with operations, etc.), conduct yard audits, complete driver training programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.), and operate multiple vehicle types (including but not limited to hostlers and day cabs) to support Amazon's transportation network. Benefits of being a Transportation Associate include earning your Commercial Driver's License (CDL) paid for by Amazon, being home after every shift and having the opportunity to work 40 hours per week (plus occasional overtime).
Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidate must hold a valid state-appropriate driver's license, be able to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver's License (CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
As a Transportation Associate you will:
· Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times.
· Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain workflow for buildings
· Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations.
· Operate CMVs on public roads as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
· Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations,
$25k-42k yearly est.