Supply Chain Director Job in Tulsa, OK
Senior leader supporting divisional procurement and warehousing functions. Accountable for $60M in annual spend, ensuring the best cost, quality and assurance of supply is achieved in products and services procured. Responsible for negotiating and completing sourcing contracts with Suppliers which support division-specific requirements. Able to lead, develop and coach the organization to continuous improvement in performance. Provides leadership to institutionalize the processes of Continuous Improvement in accordance with organization goals and objectives.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
* Establishes organizational objectives for the functions over which management is exercised. Accomplishes results through direct reports and staff working within established organizational objectives. Performs typical responsibilities of management requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, analyzing, and coaching. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting cost, schedule and quality objectives.
* Directs and manages the Procurement to review, manage and improve Supplier performance.
* Executes TNG sourcing strategy; establishes and develops Supplier relationships, negotiating contracts and or overseeing negotiation of contracts as required.
* Directs and coordinates activities of 20-30 Stakeholders engaged in Procurement, Warehousing, Receiving and Shipping. Analyzes and manages inventory to expected levels of availability, accuracy, usage and age.
* Integral leader in forecasting and material planning, supporting the SIOP process to support the business needs.
* Ensures policies, procedures and work instructions are in place for all activities. Ensures that company and regulatory, (e.g., FAA, DOD) standards and procedures are followed in connection with the purchase of materials and services.
* Directs and coordinates activities of Stakeholders engaged in providing computer generated operational information relating to material resource planning and ordering an expediting raw materials, parts and equipment to meet current and future requirements. Analyzes present and future material availability.
* Identifies and documents material requirements, planning systems specifications and requirements needed to initiate and maintain these systems at all international locations. Ensures systems are compatible with current and future MRP systems used at Domestic locations.
* Coordinates new product development material requirements planning processes that establish material, parts, equipment and data/information requirements to support operations. Confers engineering, planning, and other personnel to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules, and related issues.
* Reviews organization, staffing, training, and development requirements to support the business budget, ensuring they are consistent and adequate for attainment of the division goals.
* Administers the division salary, wage and Stakeholder relations' policy programs and recommends modification as necessary.
* Able to travel nationally and internationally.
Ancillary Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
Formal Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Business or other appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and twelve (12) or more years supply chain management and planning/scheduling experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Standard Job Requirements:
* Must be able to read and write the English language, perform basic mathematical calculations and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
* Experience working in ERP systems
* Proven ability to interface with and influence executive level leadership, internally and with Suppliers.
* Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel and operate standard office equipment.
* Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups.
Able to make sound business decisions in a timely manner, at times in ambiguous situations.
* Must be detail oriented and have logical thought processes.
* Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Just in Time (JIT), Statistical Process Control (SPC), American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS), and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and standards.
* Ability to work with and informally influence all levels of the organization including senior managers, project leaders, work unit leaders, and support personnel
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills with proven negotiation skills.
Perspective, Creativity, Command skills, Learning on the Fly, Negotiating, Business Acumen, Interpersonal Savvy, Managerial Courage.
Safety training applicable to the job and the general work area.
Must be able to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week, if required. Additionally, those who work at NORDAM Repair Division must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
Demand - Frequency - Weight
* Walk - Frequent - N/A
* Use hands to handle or feel or manipulate - Frequent - N/A
* Reach with hands and arms - Frequent - N/A
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl - Occasional - N/A
* Talk and hear - Frequent - N/A
* Use close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust - Constant - N/A
* Travel between facilities (drive) - Occasional - N/A
* Stand - Occasional - N/A
* Climb stairs - Occasional - N/A
* Lift - Occasional - 25 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the Stakeholder is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The NORDAM Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
$78k-98k yearly est.