Top Must Haves:
1.) Minimum 6 months to 1+ years of experience with Benefit Verification(claims, intake, call center, patient access, collections, medical billing, EOB, reimbursements, insurance verification or pharmacy) - experience within a healthcare or any type of medical healthcare call center preferred.
2.) Experience with data entry / entering patient information (i.e. multi-tasking)
3.) Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
4.) High School Diploma or equivalent required
Also Important: Knowing what an EOB is very important, experience with reading and explaining them to patients is even better.
- Independent worker
- High attention to detail
Benefit Verification Specialist Job Duties:
• Verify insurance coverage for potential new patients and re-verify insurance coverage for existing patients in order to process patient prescription needs successfully and demonstrate excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers
• Collect the appropriate information needed to ensure insurance coverage for patient medication orders and document in computer systems
• Process patient prescription needs successfully, reduce exposure to adverse events, and demonstrate excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers
• Contact insurance carriers to resolve submission rejections and insurance coverage issues
• Obtain accurate demographic, insurance and financial information from healthcare professionals and patients to complete enrollment applications for new patients
• Communicating medical information to customers, patients, team members via thorough understanding of products and service lines offered
• Identify potential issues, collect and document/publish data
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
CDL Residential Truck Driver - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Up to $7,000 with a minimum one year of INDUSTRY experience!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.