Food Service Representative (102138)
Northeast Georgia Health System
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
Food Services Representative
Hours: 6:30am-6:30pm, Full-Time
Currently Offering $1,500.00 Sign-On Bonus!
What You Will Do:
The Food Services Representative (FSR) is primarily a hospitality role. The FSR is responsible for all aspects of service to the patients such as retrieving meal selections, checking patient trays for accuracy, meal deliveries, assisting patients with meal set up, ensuring patient satisfaction, and stocking and maintaining unit pantries. A pleasant personality, showing kindness and respect for the patients, and providing extraordinary services at all times are all essential requirements of this position. Must possess an ability to read, understand and follow directions, diet orders, tray cards, and work assignments. The position will show a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions. Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals, as well as good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as preparing food items, servings trays, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment, and cleaning work area. The FSR will be able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation and must be patient and tolerant toward guests, staff, patients, and family members at all times.
What You Will Need:
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to use cash register computer system.
* Ability to count back change.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Maintains a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
* Visits patient rooms and retrieves meal selections from patients prior to meal deliveries.
* Assembles, delivers, and picks up patient trays. Delivers late trays promptly as needed. Delivers nourishments, snacks, and tube feedings as ordered.
* Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies, and equipment as assigned by the Manager.
* Provides assistance as needed to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals.
* Assist in arranging tray cards, loading food carts, and serving meals.
* Wash and store dishes. Follow cleaning schedules and performs cleaning duties as scheduled.
* Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
* Assist in the receiving and storing food and supplies as needed.
* Follow established reporting procedures for supply or equipment needs, damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, tiling requiring replacement or repair, or any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
* Performs job correctly and safely and observes rules of conduct.
* Actively practices principles learned, including, but not limited to, the following topics: universal precautions, fire and disaster, safety, MSDS, CQI, etc.
* Participates in CQI program by submitting two suggestions per year for improvement of departmental services. Performs CQI monitoring as assigned.
* Consistently uses proper safety equipment and follows rules of conduct safety. Knows were MSDS information is located.
* Demonstrates high standards of personal hygiene according to departmental policy, including but not limited to: using proper hand washing technique, observing hospital "no smoking" policy, wearing hairnet or hat in food production area, and maintaining neat appearance.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.