Clinical Nurse Extern - Orthopedics - Full Time - Days
Clinical Externship Job in Northwood, OH
One on one nursing preceptorship to enhance nursing knowledge, awareness of nursing role, enhancing confidence, acclimation to environment, and socialization to the team. Functions under the direct supervision of a specified registered nurse clinical extern preceptor. Preforms patient care duties delegated and supervised by preceptor for their designated patient assignment. They will act as part of the care delivery system while observing and engaging in nursing process and care planning.
Work one on one with a specified registered nurse clinical extern preceptor under 100% direct supervision in the clinical setting.
Engage in required didactic educational assignments as scheduled. Participation in progress evaluations required.
Work 36-40 hours a week during 12-week intensive extern program. Clinical Extern will transition to Per Diem and work 2 - 12 hour shifts a month (per diem agreement) as a clinical extern for the
extent of 12 months.
1. Clinical Extern works under 100% Direct supervision of an RN preceptor
2. Perform duties related to nursing care and nursing process
3. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and successful completion of 2 semesters of nursing school and in good academic standing as evidenced by most current school transcript .
Years of Experience: N/A
Letters of recommendation: 2 Letters of Recommendation from nursing professionals or faculty.
Personal Protective Equipment: Must Demonstrate knowledge and use of standard precautions and personal protective equipment.
• Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations, and prolonged periods of
• Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond
to inquiries with effective interpersonal skills.
• Frequent prolonged standing / walking
• Lifts, positions, pushes, or transfers patients
• Must be able to read and speak the English language
• Must be able to see, hear and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• Must be able to occasionally and with assistance lift, move or carry very heavy weight materials, equipment, or patients.
Frequent exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
May be exposed to odorous / hazardous specimens
Regularly exposed to infection / contagious disease Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens from blood and/or bodily fluids
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace