Fleet Maintenance Supervisor - Medical Benefits
Student Transportation of America
This hands-on supervisor would be responsible for coordination, scheduling and auditing of maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to vehicles in the terminal fleet. You will have access to technology, tools and training. You will also be involved in the hiring and training of mechanics to insure we are able to meet customer requirements.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and safety first environment;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Valid CDL and PA inspection licenses required;
- Strong organizational and customer focus skills required;
- Proficiency with computer vehicle diagnostics required.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred;
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work flexible schedule, and work overtime if needed.
- Facility management, ensuring a clean and safe working environment; - Training mechanics on current operating procedures and motivated them to accomplish job tasks in a safe, timely and cost effective manner; - Operate various vehicles (buses and vans) to perform road tests and inspections; - Collaborate with the Regional Director of Maintenance, to ensure inspections, idling controls, preventive maintenance, parts management, expense management and other company policies are being followed;
- Diagnose mechanical, pneumatic and electrical faults in fleet vehicles;
- Able to independently lift up to 100 lbs.; - Identify areas for improvement of terminal policies and procedures.
A benefits package including medical benefits, life insurance, 401k plan, paid training and paid time off is included to care for and improve our employees.
Student Transportation of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer a