NSWC Crane - Infrastructure Enterprise Solution Architect
Solutions Architect Job in Odon, IN
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges! General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an Infrastructure Enterprise Solution Architect to support the Navy Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
In this position, you manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems:
* Provide IT strategy, design and buildout services for RDT&E workstations, servers and infrastructure to ensure that operability requirements are up to date
* Provide IT strategy design and buildout services for current and emerging technologies
* Follow ITIL best practices focused on aligning IT services with the needs of business
* Develop and maintain enterprise architecture and infrastructure including installation, test, upgrades, and other required maintenance
* Follow an SDLC to capture requirements, design, develop, test, and deploy technical solutions from 'cradle-to-grave' using proper change control processes and procedures within a large-scale enterprise that uses multi-deployment phased (Lab, Alpha, Beta, Production) sites.
* Provide written requirements, system architecture plans and designs, test plans, implementation plans, operation guides, and overall subject matter expertise for Enterprise Infrastructure Systems, VMWare, Microsoft, RHEL, F5, ect.
* Articulate knowledge, discoveries, designs, etc. rapidly and concisely in written detailed designs, test plans and test cases, implementation plans, operational guides, and training guides under project management time and cost-constrained deadlines.
* Assess and anticipating infrastructure and technology improvements and recommend appropriate action
* Provide system configuration and documentation including system drawings and hardware and software lists
* Perform Local Element (LE) duties and responsibilities to support the Classified networks.
* Install and administer hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
* Manage system resources in the monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recoverability
* Implement security procedures, resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems
* Perform work without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in the determination of technical objectives of assignments.
* BS degree: additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
* 8+ years of experience related to duties as described
* CASP+ or CISSP certification
* Secret clearance
WHAT CAN GDIT OFFER YOU?
* Excellent customizable health benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
* 401K with company match
* Flexible work week
* Educational Assistance and eLearning
* Internal mobility team dedicated to employee advancement
* Rewards and Recognition programs
* Innovative and collaborative environment encouraging of highly motivated critical thinking
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA IN Odon
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.