Methodist Health System
JOB SUMMARY: SUPERVISES THE DAILY OPERATIONS OF THE FACILITY TO ENSURE SMOOTH, EFFICIENT OPERATIONS. WORKS CLOSELY WITH PHYSICIANS TO ENSURE THAT QUALITY PATIENT CARE IS MAINTAINED.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (THIS LIST MAY NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE DUTIES ASSIGNED.)
1. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
2. Coordinates physician office operations. In conjunction with the physicians and practice management administrator, hires, supervises and evaluates staff per policy. Orients and trains new staff. Maintains all personnel records for the facility in cooperation with Human Resources. Prepares work schedules and ensures adequate staff coverage, monitors time off requests and resolves workload distribution issues. Totals all employee hours for submission to Human Resources, in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Facilitates communications to address operational issues on a timely basis. Conducts regular periodic staff meetings to inform staff of changes in policies, discuss areas of concern, and to provide necessary inservice training. Records results of meetings. Identifies areas of conflict to physicians and/or Administrator and suggests resolutions.
4. Implements and monitors compliance with office policies and procedures. Ensures OSHA and/or CLIA environmental control plan is maintained in the office; trains employees on the standards. Ensures all equipment is maintained per appropriate regulations.
5. Assesses outside service and equipment needs with involved staff and physician; makes recommendations to Administrator. Responsible for ensuring all necessary office and medical supplies are maintained at a level adequate for efficient operations. Maintains inventory maintenance procedures and ensures orders are prepared as appropriate. Reviews monthly supply expenditures against budget and reports to Administrator.
6. In cooperation with the Administrator, implements financial policies and monitors cash collections to ensure adherence to policy. Maintains strict cash control. Ensures there is daily reconciliation of cash. Ensures bank deposit is made. Ensures timely and accurate charge entry and payment posting for claim processing and reporting purposes. Completes daily activity report.
7. In cooperation with the Administrator, assists in preparing annual operating budget. Monitors performance to ensure the office is operating within the budget guidelines. Reviews all invoices, researches discrepancies. Researches variances and reports to physicians and Administrator on a monthly basis.
8. Regularly reviews Explanation of Benefits (EOB) comparing billed charges to reimbursement to monitor pricing/coding activity. Notifies Administrator of significant problems. Regularly reviews fee schedule and recommends pricing changes to Administrator and physicians.
9. Prepares required reports within requested time frame. Ensures that daily, monthly and year-end reports are generated by the computer system no later than the time line designated for completion.
10. Develops and implements plans to continually improve patient satisfaction ratings. Resolves work problems to ensure quality patient care. Implements and supervises patient recall system. Works closely with physicians to ensure highest quality clinical care.
11. Ensures all information is accurately filed in chart within a reasonable time and all charts are accurately filed and/or pulled by the end of the day. Monitors policies and procedures regarding release of medical records, and ensures record requests are completed within 5 days.
12. Ensures patient's insurance benefits are verified to determine of coverage meets the standards as stated in the organization policy. Establishes payment arrangement procedures, per facility policy. Establishes payment arrangement procedures, per facility policy, when required by patient financial circumstances.
13. Ensures patient requests or problems are resolved per policy on a timely basis, within the scope of authority. Identifies problems to Administrator and suggests resolution.
14. Prepares, completes, and submits all managed care applications, hospital staffing applications, licensures, etc., in an accurate and efficient manner. Serves as liaison between physician group and external agencies (managed care companies, malpractice insurance companies, etc.).
15. Participates in continuing education programs and other experiences to improve professional competence.
Affiliation with American Association of Professional Coders and completion of Professional Association Healthcare Office Manager training preferred.
Associates degree in health or business administration or at least 5 years experience in a similar position within a physician's office, hospital, clinic or other healthcare facility preferred.
Strong positive interpersonal skills; high degree of initiative, sense of organization and ability to identify and resolve problems. Position requires an individual with diverse skills.
Individual must be able to work on discrete tasks in a high volume, high-pressured environment. Good judgement and professional demeanor a must.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
+ A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
+ 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
+ Magnet designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
+ One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
+ Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
+ Take Care of Patients
+ Take Care of Each Other
+ Take Care of Ourselves
+ Take Care of Methodist