One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be an office receptionist is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since office receptionists benefit from having skills like patients, customer service, and phone calls, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Office Receptionist Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for an office receptionist. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of office receptionist resumes they appeared on. For example, 20.1% of office receptionist resumes contained patients as a skill. Let's find out what skills an office receptionist actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for an office receptionist is patients. 20.1% office receptionists have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for an office receptionist is customer service appearing on 14.9% of resumes. The third most common is phone calls on 12.2% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for an office receptionist are communication skills, computer skills and integrity.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for an office receptionist. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of office receptionist resumes they appeared on. For example, 20.1% of office receptionist resumes contained patients as a skill. Let's find out what skills an office receptionist actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Office Receptionist Skills For Your Resume And Career
- Provided high-quality customer-service to patients by treating them respectfully and t with discretion.
- Performed administrative duties whenever required including posting insurance checks and patients collections.
- Assisted patients in accurately completing appropriate insurance forms and documents.
- Assisted the doctor in providing rehabilitative therapy for patients.
- Created original documents for new patients containing confidential information.
2. Customer Service
- Represented the office effectively in both oral and written communication and received all inquiries with a strong customer service orientation.
- Performed office manager responsibilities such as ordering office supplies, scheduling appointments, preparing contracts, troubleshooting customer service issues.
- Recognized for quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
- Entered customer sales orders Maintained company purchase orders and inventory Accounts receivable and payable, invoicing Customer service
- Provided customer service by answering billing questions, processed payments and exchanged/issued company equipment.
3. Phone Calls
- Page individuals to inform them of telephone calls using paging and interoffice communication equipment.
- Answered and directed phone calls for all university departments using digital switchboard directory.
- Maintained all telephone calls and directed accordingly.
- Conducted the filing of all business documents, engaged in photocopying, job estimates, and the answering/receiving of telephone calls.
- Assist with the daily running of the Travel Dimensions Inc. office by answering telephone calls, running bank deposits and errands.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
4. Data Entry
- Performed clerical tasks and basic computer applications including telephone reception & data entry.
- Executed secretarial responsibilities, filing, data entry, created publications.
- Performed proficient and accurate data entry.
- Helped attorneys prepare documents for court and arranged letters for potential clients, handled data entry, greeted and assisted clients.
- Process monthly rebate checks, update sales spreadsheets daily, maintaining and order of office supplies, and invoice data entry.
5. Front Desk
- Provided primary front desk and administrative support to the New York City office for the Electronic Data Systems, Inc. account.
- Trained in several departments in case for staff shortage * Front Desk- Answered phones, took messages, and pulled charts.
- Coordinated the maintenance of the front desk reception area equipment, furniture, lighting, applications and brochures.
- Handled busy front desk as the first line of communications between prospective students, parents and the college.
- Managed front desk activities; answered phones, greeted customers, shredded files, and organized front office.
6. Appointment Scheduling
- Operate 5-line system including prescription requests, doctor questions, appointment scheduling, new patient information.
- Answered multiple phone lines, performed appointment scheduling for service center and 7 technicians.
- Handled patient appointment scheduling face-to-face and over the phone.
- Chart preparations, filing correspondence, and appointment scheduling.
- Maintain appointment scheduling, updates.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Office Receptionist Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Office Receptionist templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Office Receptionist resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Outlook/Working with HR manager
- Worked with Office Manager and HR Director to take employee attendance and to coordinate global correspondent with various PLNBF offices.
- Assigned various other duties as needed, such as: AP/AR, HR, Payroll, Child Nutrition, Special
- Answer multiple line phones, provide assistance to HR with screening of applications and bringing in potential employees.
- Provide clerical support for Accounting and HR department, including handling correspondence of mail and faxes.
8. Office Equipment
- Maintained office equipment and pharmaceuticals inventory by monitoring stock to determine inventory level; anticipated needed supplies and expedited orders for supplies
- Entered billing information into computer, maintained office supplies and operated office equipment.
- Organized files, operated computer software, used multiple office equipment such as fax, copier, and printer.
- Used fax machine, computer, as well as other office equipment to provide rental manager clerical assistance.
- Answered and directed incoming calls; maintained office equipment - fax, copier, printers, etc.
9. Insurance Verification
- Greet patients, schedule appointments, insurance verification, process incoming and outgoing fax documents, various receptionist duties
- Dispensed medication, created Patient charts and ran insurance verification.
- Schedule / reschedule client appointments, set up new client info, insurance verification Provide office support to therapists / psychiatrists
- Answered phones, booked appointments and follow-ups, surgical scheduling, completed payment transactions and insurance verifications.
- Answer multi-line switchboard Schedule patient appointments Check Patients in and out Assist with insurance verification
Office Receptionist Jobs
- Processed payroll and monthly/quarterly sales tax liabilities.
- Completed and audited payroll for accuracy.
- Answer phones, write service orders for vehicles, collect payment for repairs order parts, and prepare tickets for payroll.
- Greeted clients and employees, filed paper work, answered telephone, organized paper work, and helped with payroll.
- Manage payroll - gather hours worked by employees, enter them in AccountLink and TimeSummit, prepare checks accordingly.
11. Office Procedures
- Implemented new office procedures, accepted new products through various vendors, faxing and management of communication between clients and company.
- Inventory control manager and was in charge of all office procedures for a three physician practice.
- Provided guidance and assistance to newly hired employees on office procedures and equipment usage.
- Answer telephones, filing, receptionist duties and general office procedures.
- Train new staff on office procedures and phone etiquette.
12. Word Processing
- Completed a variety of word processing assignments including letters, tables, memos, etc.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, forms and reports using word processing applications software.
- Provided word processing and clerical support to fellow employees and managerial staff.
- Provide office orientation for new employees, word processing and clerical support.
- General office duties, including opening and sorting mail, performing basic bookkeeping, word processing and filing dental claim forms
13. Patient Appointments
- Schedule inpatient appointments collecting co pays ordering medical records and copy medical records chart prep verifying insurance
- Scheduled patient appointments, diagnostic procedures and lab tests completing necessary documentation in patient chart.
- Schedule patient appointments, collected demographic information, and provided general information about services.
- Provided support in a patient-centered environment including setting and confirming all patient appointments.
- Scheduled patient appointments, collected payments from patients, maintained patient confidentiality
14. Telephone Calls
- Answered and processed incoming telephone calls, greeted and guided incoming students and parents as needed.
- Handled the switchboard, routed telephone calls and direct them to the right recipient.
- Answered telephone calls and scheduled appointments while gathering pertinent data for clients.
- Screened telephone calls, requests and inquiries and passed on accordingly.
- Greeted customers, answered telephone calls, and scheduled appointments.
15. Direct Calls
- Greet customers, answer and direct calls to appropriate person, assist office manager and staff as needed with clerical support
- Answer the phone and direct calls to proper staff department or take messages in case staff not available.
- Back up for Receptionist - greet visitors, answer telephone screen and direct calls, reserve conference rooms.
- Answer telephones and take messages and direct calls to the appropriate party courteously and professionally.
- Answer phones and direct calls, book appointments, handle confidential student information clean office.
- Patients, 20.1%
- Customer Service, 14.9%
- Phone Calls, 12.2%
- Data Entry, 8.8%
- Front Desk, 6.0%
- Appointment Scheduling, 4.7%
- HR, 2.5%
- Other Skills, 30.8%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Office Receptionist Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Office Receptionist Jobs - $41K and Up
- Entry Level Office Receptionist Jobs
- Part Time Office Receptionist Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Office Receptionist Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Office Receptionist Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant office receptionist Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Customer Service
- Phone Calls
- Data Entry
- Front Desk
- Appointment Scheduling
- Office Equipment
- Insurance Verification
- Office Procedures
- Word Processing
- Patient Appointments
- Telephone Calls
- Direct Calls
- Patient Charts
- Multi-Line Phone System
- Office Support
- Computer System
- Greeting Visitors
- Clerical Support
- Fax Machines
- Insurance Eligibility
- Insurance Coverage
- Bank Deposits
- Insurance Claims
- Multi-Line Telephone System
- Office Operations
- Travel Arrangements
- Office Machines
- Conference Room
- Administrative Support Tasks
- Transferring Calls
- Customer Inquiries
- Copy Machines
- Telephone Switchboard
- Insurance Billing
- Greeting Clients
- Fax Messages
Real Examples Of Office Receptionist Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional office receptionist resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your office receptionist resume.
2019 - Present
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVRichmond, VA
2016 - 2019
Holiday Inn ExpressRichmond, VA
Sales Floor Associate
2015 - 2016
J. C. PenneyPlano, TX
High School Diploma
2015 - 2015
Administrative TasksDatabaseSpa ServicesFedexFinancial StatementsWICSpecial EventsOffice ProgramsPersonal ComputersScheduling Appointments
2020 - Present
Student Admissions Clerk
2017 - 2020
2015 - 2017
High School Diploma
2015 - 2015
New York, NY
Office Receptionist2019 - Present
H&R Block•New York, NY
Receptionist2018 - 2019
H&R Block•New York, NY
Makeup Artist2013 - 2018
MAC Cosmetics•New York, NY
Individual NeedsPatient CareProduct KnowledgeRetail SalesOriginal WorksChemical PeelsSpecial EventsTelephone CallsInsurance CompaniesAppropriate Individuals
Certificate Fine Arts2012 - 2013
Virginia Commonwealth University•Richmond, VA
Ready To Start Your Office Receptionist Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Office Receptionists
1. Effective Legal Office Administration
Effective Legal Office Administration...See More on Udemy
2. Microsoft Office; Excel, Word & PowerPoint 2019 - Beginners
Learn the essentials of Microsoft Office in this 3-course bundle for Office 365 or Office 2019 users...See More on Udemy
3. MS Office; Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint 2019 - Beginners
Learn the essentials of Microsoft Office in this 4-course bundle for Office 365 or Office 2019 users...See More on Udemy
4. Ultimate Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
Learn basic to advanced Microsoft Office skills in this 9-course bundle for Office 365 or Office 2019...See More on Udemy
5. Microsoft Office Complete Course All in one MS Office
Basic to Advanced Level Microsoft office Training Course A Complete Guide to MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel...See More on Udemy
6. Microsoft Office 365 Administration
Microsoft Office 365 Administration...See More on Udemy
7. Microsoft Office 365 Administration
Microsoft Office 365 Administration...See More on Udemy
8. Microsoft Office Essential Skills
Learn the essential Microsoft Office skills employers want from a Microsoft Certified Trainer!...See More on Udemy
9. MS Office - Advanced - Efficiency Training
Learn the most important shortcuts and time saving tools in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. WIN at Office!...See More on Udemy
10. The Ultimate Microsoft Office 2013 Training Bundle 71 Hours
The Most Convenient Way to Boost Your Confidence And Learn MS Office 2013 Inside And OutQuickly, No Travel or Classes...See More on Udemy
11. The Ultimate Microsoft Office 2016 Training Bundle
The Most Convenient Way to Boost Your Confidence And Learn MS Office 2016 Inside And OutQuickly, No Travel or Classes...See More on Udemy
12. Microsoft Office 2010 Made Easy
An easy step-by-step course that will help anyone master the basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access...See More on Udemy
13. The Ultimate Microsoft Office 2010 Training Bundle 48 Hours
The Most Convenient Way to Boost Your Confidence And Learn MS Office 2010 Inside And OutQuickly, No Travel or Classes...See More on Udemy
14. MS Office 2013: 10-in-1 Courses To Maximize Productivity
Comprehensive, all-in-one training to get the most out of Microsoft Office 2013. 10-in-1 courses with 80 hours of video...See More on Udemy
15. Practical Office 365 Administration
Learn in depth about Office 365 for Administrators and also find useful tips and resources to enhance your role as an Of...See More on Udemy
16. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Access Productivity Bundle
1 Billion+ Use Office Apps as Their Primary Productivity Tool. Get the Tips in 200+ Lectures to Help Office Work for You...See More on Udemy
17. Microsoft Office 2016 Essential Training: 9 Course Bundle
Comprehensive, all-in-one training to get the most out of Microsoft Office 2016. 9-in-1 courses with 70 hours of video...See More on Udemy
18. Microsoft 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requ.
Microsoft 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements...See More on Udemy
19. The ultimate real-life Office 365 productivity course
Transition to a digital workplace and boost Office 365 productivity through real life storytelling and best practices...See More on Udemy
20. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point For Beginners
The Most Convenient Way to Boost Your Confidence And Learn MS Office Inside And OutQuickly, No Travel or Classes...See More on Udemy
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?