Office Management Specialist
All Native Group
Washington, DC, USA
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
These positions reside in The Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), a bureau of the Department of State and a member of the Intelligence Community (IC). Each office has its own unique OMS needs.
The OMS in these positions will be managed by the Office of the Executive Director and provide support to INR offices as assigned. The OMS will be expected to deliver overall office management support to the Director and staff of the INR element to which they are assigned and provide support general business operations of the organization. This will include administrative and business management support to include general office management, screening visitors, mail distribution, maintaining official records, travel coordination, escorting, ordering office supplies, answering telephones, managing the Director's office calendars and contact lists, time and attendance processing and tracking office correspondence through to completion.
Due to the nature of the mission of The Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) OMS's mission, individuals on this task will be expected and required to exercise discretion and use independent judgement in handling sensitive materials and information and to that extent the customer intends to provide additional training in this area once the OMS's are on board. Due to the specific nature of the work, professionalism and reliability are also very important.
• Provide overall office management support to the Director and staff to which they are assigned and support the general business operations of the organization.
• Receives visitors and telephone calls; determines the nature of the visit/call; determines which visits and calls can be handled personally and whether referral to the supervisor or other staff is required. The contractor is authorized to give out routine and/or special information to visitors/callers upon determining clearance level.
• The work is usually performed in an office setting inside a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF). The contractor maintains a secure office environment and escorts visitors in accordance with security procedures.
• Maintains the daily calendar and schedules the activities of the staff. The contractor independently establishes priorities, appointments, meetings, or representation by subordinates. Advises the supervisor of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
• Plans for meetings and conferences including location and time, informs all participants of arrangements and provides background information to them as required. Maintains a list of all participants. The contractor takes notes and reports action taken to appropriate staff members, then follows up to ensure necessary action is completed.
• Controls all correspondence; receives incoming classified and unclassified mail, and determines whether correspondence ought to be brought to the attention of the Director, referred to appropriate staff, or handled personally.
• Reviews correspondence and documents prepared for the Director's signature for conformance with policy and regulations, as well as for correct grammar and format; obtains clearances, referenced materials, and background information as required; composes non-technical, routine correspondence on own initiative as necessary.
• Plans for travel of the Director and staff, including scheduling of all appointments, securing travel and hotel reservations, passports, visas, and travel advances; Submits travel authorizations for approval in E2 for office Director and staff. Prepares and submits vouchers from travel diaries and notes upon their return.
• Serves as liaison for the Director, staff, and other offices in the Bureau and the Department; ensures the staff is informed of the Director's plans and commitments; tracks issues and papers assigned to staff members and informs Director of status; informs staff members of the Director's instructions and requests.
• Establishes and maintains the Director's personal files; searches for difficult-to-obtain information; compiles data; summarizes information relevant to a issue; archives classified files according to established procedures.
• Prepares letters, reports, office instructions, etc., from rough draft or general outline presented by the supervisor. The contractor is responsible for the correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and format of completed work.
• Performs additional assignments, studies, and special projects at the direction of the supervisor.
• The incumbent may be assigned to provide similar administrative support services to other offices within the Bureau should the need arise.
• Plans and coordinates a variety of service functions essential to the orderly and efficient operation of assigned office activities in the areas of procurement, conference planning, and prepares travel budget estimates and justifications of purchases.
• Compliance with laws, directives, and regulations.
Knowledge of software packages MICROSOFT OFFICE, OUTLOOK, EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT and ACCESS
Knowledge of various automated management systems and software packages, including the Department's ARIBA/ILMS and E2 systems
Familiarity with Department manuals, circulars, instruction, and directives
Excellent communication, administrative and management skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills managers, and customer support.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
**Position Type/Expected Hours of Work**
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Exact work schedules, including workdays and hours, will be determined with the office assigned and/or the Government Technical Manager.
Contractor will be expected to integrate schedules with existing government staff to ensure full coverage of these functions on a daily basis (Monday - Friday).
No travel required
Previous OMS experience within the US Department of State or equivalent federal or government agency is highly desired.
At least five (5) years of experience working in a administrative function.
Experience working with travel and associated processes is preferred.
Knowledge of DoS travel procedures and systems is highly preferred.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Top Secret/SCI required
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
+ Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
+ Pay Type Hourly
+ Washington, DC, USA
$36k-62k yearly est.