Field Service Technician Intermediate
Field Service Technician Job in Pittsburgh, PA
Service Manager \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
Performs maintenance and repair activities on gas compression and/or process equipment, at customer's location, as directed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and repair skills on multiple types of equipment including Caterpillar, Cummins, and Waukesha Engines as well as Ariel Compressors
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (Adjust Valves) to standard with minimal assistance
- Perform most Call Outs without assistance
- Have high level customer service and communication skills
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs (Cat ET, Cat SIS, Waukesha ESM, Ariel Performance, Murphy Config Tool, etc.), Google Chrome and Outlook
- Regularly complete and submit company required documentation through company software in a timely manner
- Knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- General understanding of customer’s production equipment. Scrubbers, on/off skid
- Generally understands all processes and systems on how a compressor package works
- Knowledge of maintenance standards checklist and ability to accurately and completely follow
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred
- Typically at least 3 years experience with natural gas engines and compressors, and a working knowledge of production equipment
- May serve as a resource to others with less experience
- Often called on to assist in training or mentoring less experienced FSTs
Performs other duties as assigned
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role)
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms
- Constantly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with good balance
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand for at least 10 feet
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and vertical ladders
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Most assignments regularly require some problem identification and resolution.
- Implements solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
- Anticipates and proactively solves moderately complex problems using internal and external resource.
- Routinely identifies opportunities and provides ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, efficiency and quality.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial results on assigned equipment.
- Customers complain quickly if there is trouble, which will affect customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Errors will most likely result in schedule delays or increased costs.
- Accountable for HSE, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
Freedom to Act:
- Typically receives and follows specific detailed instructions and/or procedures.
- Supervision or other resources are generally available for issue.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in reviewing situations or data from which answers can most often be readily obtained.
- Within defined parameters selects methods, techniques and approaches and arranges activities to meet defined schedule.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.