Gap Solutions, Inc.
Position Objective: Provide services as a Operations Coordinator in support of the overall functions of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) within the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan, coordinate, analyze, and evaluate administrative missions and operations; execute administrative and support functions; coordinate administrative management functions; provide key advice and guidance to staff in facilitating the performance of their responsibilities. 1
* Participate in office staff meetings and discussions pertaining to the activities encompassed in the administrative and management functions. 2
* Gather data from individual units within the organization; analyze requirements particular to one functional area; design implementation procedures to meet the overall needs of the organization; coordinate schedules, deadlines and methods of approach with management. 3
* Use day-to-day observations and analysis of work processes to evaluate program operations; anticipate potential problems; identify existing problems and inefficiency; develop recommended solutions
* Provide advice and guidance for improvements; anticipate areas of concern or questions which must be addressed when making recommendations
* Analyze effectiveness of administrative support for the office and recommend appropriate corrective measures
* Work independently on special projects; research and initiate actions pertaining to operational issues; coordinate proponents to research; resolve action processing issues
* Provide a variety of assigned activities such as compiling, retrieving and organization of information, data entry, researching references for projects, development and analysis of information to support decision alternatives
* Develop and maintain data including charts, graphs and reports reflecting effectiveness and efficiency standings and planned versus actual accomplishments of the office
* Prepare and edit reports, briefings, and other informational material designed primarily to report functions of the office; analyze and select facts that are drawn from different sources and synthesized into a unified presentation
* Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel Form 348, outside activities Form 520,official duty memoranda, training requests, individual mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms
* Gather and analyze information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities
* Monitor compliance with program policies and procedures; identify strategies to ensure that program and contractual compliance is maintained
* Update and maintain spreadsheets, databases, budget records and contact databases
* Compile data and create and maintain slides for presentation utilizing computer programs
* Update maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members
* Organize weekly departmental meetings, take minutes, follow up on action items
* Coordinate meetings, workshops and courses for staff; make arrangements for conference rooms and audio-visual requirements; prepare agendas and briefing materials
* Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures
* Track, record and route manuscripts to reviewers
* Design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities
* Note commitments made by executive level during meetings and arrange for staff implementation
* Arrange for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establish appointment priorities, or reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations
* Read outgoing correspondence for executive levels approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive levels viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that arise
* In the executive levels absence ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues
* Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts
* Work products and documents related to administrative missions and operations; gather data and analyze requirements; design implementation procedures; evaluate program operation; work on special projects. - Ad-Hoc
* Work products and documents related to organizing weekly departmental and other meetings and workshops and outreach events; set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information; coordinate the preparation of requests, memoranda, reports, forms and mailings. - Ad-Hoc
* Work products and documents related to developing, maintaining and utilizing various administrative databases; compile data and create and maintain slides for presentation. - Ad-Hoc
* Work products and documents related to updating and maintaining calendars and shared calendars for staff; establish appointment priorities; coordinate meetings, workshops and courses; schedule conference rooms. - Ad-Hoc
* Work products and documents related to maintaining office records; provide timekeeping support; track, record and direct manuscripts to reviewers; maintain branch file systems; note staff commitments; arrange for staff implementation. - Ad-Hoc
* Work products and documents related to summarizing and coordinating incoming materials; coordinate new information with background office sources. - Ad-Hoc
* Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
* Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Knowledge of organizational travel, budget and purchasing systems.
* Experience in MS Office, WebEx, and ITAS
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at email@example.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
$29k-46k yearly est.