Operations Program Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for operations program managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 157,198 operations program managers currently employed in the United States.
- 33.5% of all operations program managers are women, while only 61.3% are men.
- The average age of an employed operations program manager is 44 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of operations program managers is White (72.5%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (13.2%) and Asian (6.1%).
- The majority of operations program managers are located in WA, Redmond and WA, Seattle.
- Operations program managers are most in-demand in Seattle, WA.
- Operations program managers are paid an average annual salary of $116,562.
- The technology industry is the highest-paying for operations program managers.
- San Francisco, CA pays an annual average wage of $119,814, the highest in the US.
- Operations program managers average starting salary is $82,000.
- In 2021, women earned 93% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid operations program managers earn as much as $164,000 or more.
- 18% of all operations program managers are LGBT.
- North Carolina is the best state for operations program managers to live.
- Operations program managers are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Operations Program Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Operations Program Manager
Women Earn 93¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Operations Program Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the operations program manager position over time.
Operations Program Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, general superintendent and director of plant operations have the biggest difference in gender.
|Administrative Assistant To General Manager||11%||85%|
|Operations Program Manager||61%||34%|
|District Commercial Superintendent||90%||2%|
|Director Of Plant Operations||93%||4%|
Operations Program Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among operations program managers is White, which makes up 72.5% of all operations program managers. Comparatively, there are 13.2% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 6.1% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 72.5%
- Hispanic or Latino, 13.2%
- Asian, 6.1%
- Black or African American, 5.7%
- Unknown, 2.2%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Operations Program Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among operations program managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Operations Program Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of an Operations Program Manager
We determined the average age of operations program managers based on ethnicity and gender.
Operations Program Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of operations program manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of operations program managers is 40+ years old, which represents 64% of the population.
Types of Operations Program Manager Degree Levels
The most common degree for operations program managers is bachelor's degree 69% of operations program managers earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 18% and rounding it off is associate degree with 9%.
- Bachelors, 69%
- Masters, 18%
- Associate, 9%
- High School Diploma, 1%
- Other Degrees, 3%
Operations Program Manager Jobs You Might Like
Operations Program Manager Wage Gap By Education
Operations Program Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ operations program managers. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most operations program managers is the technology industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire operations program managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Operations Program Manager Work In
Employees with the operations program manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most operations program managers prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Operations Program Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ operations program managers. Those industries include technology, telecommunication and health care.
Operations Program Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
Operations Program Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of operations program managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Operations Program Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 3,735 operations program managers resumes, we figured out that the average operations program manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 37%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Operations Program Managers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to operations program managers.
|Operations Program Manager||17.88%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Operations Program Managers
The most common foreign language among operations program managers is Spanish at 39.6%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 8.7% and Chinese is the third-most popular at 7.4%.
- Spanish, 39.6%
- French, 8.7%
- Chinese, 7.4%
- German, 6.7%
- Mandarin, 5.4%
- Other, 32.2%