Warehouse Worker (Loma Linda)
Amazon Workforce Staffing
Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate
You'll be part of the dedicated Amazon team at the delivery station - the last stop before we deliver smiles to customers. Our fast-paced, physical roles receive trucks full of orders, then prepare them for delivery. You'll load conveyor belts, and transport and stage deliveries to be picked up by drivers. You may even be part of the team that works with larger items, such as large screen TVs, furniture, and appliances, and be trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy bulk items.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
* Receive and prepare inventory for delivery
* Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to sort, scan, and prepare orders
* View prompts on screens and follow direction for some tasks
* Build, wrap, sort, and transport pallets and packages
* Receive truck deliveries
You'll also need to be able to:
* Lift up to 49 pounds
* Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
* Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
* Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
* Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
What it's like at an Amazon Delivery Station
* Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
* Surroundings. You'll be working around moving machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
* Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
* Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
* Noise level. It can get no