Industrial Maintenance Technician
Parker Hannifin-Batesville, Ms
Industrial Maintenance Technician Job in Batesville, MS
Fully capable of performing all mechanical maintenance, repair, fabrication, installation, repair, troubleshooting,
diagnostics, and maintenance on electrical power distribution, controls, and communications for all plant
equipment and facilities. Able to provide complete maintenance to all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electrical, and control systems within the plant. Familiar with various computer programs and software essential
to the position.
• Perform a wide range of general building and equipment maintenance, such as piping,
welding, general electrical, carpentry, and metal fabrication.
• Must be able to use all types of maintenance equipment proficiently including but not limited
to MIG/TIG welding, Plasma Cutters, Chop Saws, Drills, Flame Cutting, and Sheet Metal
• Must possess a working knowledge of all types of electrical systems and controls including
but not limited to: Ladder diagrams, schematics, timers, relays, sensors, VFD's, HMI's,
PLC's, and related computer software.
• Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical malfunctions and
breakdowns, recommend and initiate proper activity to repair.
• Safe working knowledge and skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
systems, and all electrical equipment and systems up to 480 volts.
• Must be capable of understanding and applying all NEC electrical codes as applied to
• Disassemble, repair and rebuild mechanical units, mechanisms and machines.
• Communicate with and utilize outside services and support as needed to troubleshoot
problems, provide project and maintenance assistance and offer technical resources.
• Coordinate and/or perform equipment preventative maintenance and preventative
• Install, move, setup, and level new/relocated equipment.
• Support and assist other maintenance personnel as directed by department supervisor.
• Must be able to effectively operate a personal computer.
• Detect and report unusual conditions to production personnel and/or supervisors.
• Follow all company policies and procedures.
• Support and adhere to all applicable OSHA regulations and requirements.
• Maintain cleanliness of department area and equipment.
• Qualify for forklift and aerial lift certifications.
• Respond and perform all tasks as assigned by maintenance supervisor or coordinator.
• Must communicate effectively to all levels of employees and management, written and verbal.
• High school diploma.
• Demonstrated high technical aptitude in all areas of mechanical and electrical maintenance.
• Journeyman electrician certification preferred.
• 3 - 5 years electrical/controls and mechanical background including demonstrated hand-on
experience, focused technical coursework, or a combination of both.
• Strong verbal, written, and professional presentation skills.
• Must be able to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to exert 25 to 45 pounds of linear force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds
frequently to move objects.
• Must have near visual acuity as required for reading machine manuals, gages, prints, and
precision measuring instruments.
• Must have sufficient hearing to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in
order to diagnose problems.
Conditions of Employment
• Welding and/or metal cutting flash.
• High noise level from operating machines.
• Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
• Electrical hazards from machines and equipment.
• Fumes, dust, and oil mist.
• Skin exposure to oils, cutting fluids, and cleaning chemicals.
You should be proficient in:
Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
Experience in a Manufacturing Environment