Pine Ridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center LLC
Grounds Keeper Job in Pagosa Springs, CO
The facility transportation driver will work under the supervision of the Maintenance Director/Administrator and will be responsible for the transit and safety of the residents. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties include the following:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Prior to driving the bus/van, proper instruction and/or training will be provided by the facility Administrator or designee to the facility bus/van driver on its proper operation
· Portrays a pleasant, accommodating attitude and a professional appearance at all times.
· Reports to work as scheduled
· Attends all mandatory meetings
· Per the procedure below, the facility bus/van driver will transport residents/staff to a designated area as required and appointments will be scheduled during the bus/van drivers regular shift:
o The social worker or facility designee will notify the facility bus/van driver of outside scheduled appointments
o Will coordinate the availability of the bus/van and arrange for supervision of residents as necessary in the event the family cannot be present for the appointment
o Will maintain a log of all trips by documenting all travel onto the mileage log/trip sheet that will be located and retained inside the bus/van
· Monthly mileage logs are to be filed and keep at the facility
· Maintains van/bus mechanical and appearance. Completes daily check lists
· Ensures all bus passengers are safely seated.
· Observes speed limits and obeys road signs.
· Reports and corrects all safety violations
· Completes bus/van log daily and turns in sheets at the end of each month
· Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director or Administrator
· Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e. fire extinguisher)
· Understands, and demonstrates, knowledge of role in Fire and Disaster drills
· Demonstrates ability to identify and respond appropriately to potential behavioral outbursts.
· Uses facility equipment safely
· Follows established safety rules/accident prevention and ensures personnel follows established safety regulations
· Demonstrates proper hand washing techniques and ensures all social services personnel follow established hand-washing procedures
· Disposes of waste properly and ensures that social services personnel follow established policies governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious wastes
· Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility and governmental policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents
· Ensures all personnel performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or hazardous chemicals participate in appropriate in-service training programs prior to performing such tasks
· Addresses residents in a respectful manner & knocks before entering residents’ room
· Maintains confidentiality and discusses confidential resident information inappropriate areas only
· Ensures understanding of and compliance with all rules regarding residents’ rights
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (No DUI convictions in the past (10) years.)
· Must be able to work independently in the absence of supervision
· Maintain confidentiality and be knowledgeable of resident’s rights
· Must be able to communicate English, both verbally and in writing
· Interacts with residents, family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm manner
· Bus Driver 2
· Adheres to and interpret resident rights, federal and state regulations and personnel policies
· Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and/or holidays
· Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
· Must present a positive image of the facility
Must have high school diploma or GED and will be at a minimum CPR certified
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with team members, residents, and residents’ family members.