Health & Wellness - Memory Care Resident Assistant, 7am-3p FT, 3pm-11pm PT, 11pm-7am FT
Health Care Assistant Job in Baltimore, MD
Our Communities are as unique as you. Hiring skilled people like you is what makes our Communities a Great Place to Live anda Great Place to Work! If you have a passion for working with seniors in a rewarding environment, we are looking for you to join our team!
The Resident Assistant provides basic care, assures a safe environment, and provides emotional and psychological support to residents.
These activities will fulfill the Sage Senior Living Mission and demonstrate the We Care Values.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. P ractice The Sage Way - We Care Values
Work as a Team - Willingly cooperates, assists others and works collaboratively.
Exceptional Service Always - Consistently provides excellent service to all residents and colleagues. Demonstrates the "culture of yes" in words and actions.
Commitment to the Sage Community - Understands Sage Senior Living's mission and lives the "We Care" core values. Does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Anticipate Residents' Needs - Ensures that Residents' needs are met by proactively responding to care and service requests.
Respect for Residents, their Families and Each Other - Ensures all interactions with Residents, Family Members and Colleagues are in a caring and non-judgmental manner. Demonstrates fairness, empathy, and compassion in actions and communications with others.
Exercise Common Sense - Makes decisions based on Sage Senior Living Core Values, within one's scope of job responsibility and what is best for residents.
2. Provide the necessary personal assistance and activities of daily living (ADL) for residents in accordance with the support plan. Personal and ADL assistance includes bathing, oral care, skin and nail care, hand washing, grooming, shaving, dressing, weighing, bed making, and trash removal.
3. Answer resident call signals.
4. Assist with toileting, including bowel and bladder retraining and perineal care.
5. Assist with meal service delivery, ensuring that resident's nutritional needs are met.
6. Observe resident's conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output as needed and vital signs, and report changes and observations to wellness staff.
7. Complete all documentation as needed to maintain current health status of resident.
8. Participate in the planning of resident care through shift reports and resident care staff meetings.
9. Keep current with state and facility required annual training.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school degree or GED equivalent.
Minimum of one year of experience in personal and/or long term care.
Highly committed to resident care and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Able to speak, read, and understand English at a 12th grade level or higher.
Licensures and Certifications:
Current First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and exert 50 pounds of force.
Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and stoop as needed.
Able to safely transfer a resident to/from a wheelchair.
Able to walk up/down 4 flights of stairs.
Able to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of an emergency or inclement weather.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.