Patterson UTI Energy Inc.
Field Operator Job in Pearsall, TX
* Perform maintenance, cleaning, diagnostics, and repairs to company assets. Ensure returned equipment is in good working condition after each job and report any issues to management.
* Load, assemble, deliver, unload, position, and/or setup equipment as needed for job being performed. Pick-up equipment or assist customer with equipment drop-off when job is complete. Ensure returned equipment is checked in and organized properly.
* Document and file work orders as needed.
* Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) policies, rules, practices and guidelines.
* Conduct proper Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in compliance with Company policies.
* Regularly check equipment for any problems and safety issues on an ongoing basis.
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times which could include but is not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, FR coveralls, protective toe footwear work gloves, respirator, and hearing protection.
* Inspect safety equipment and PPE for wear and replace as needed.
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects.
* Work in a heavy industrial environment which includes working around constantly moving overhead machinery, being in close proximity to loud equipment and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
* Support other crew members by carrying supplies, ensuring compliance with safety procedures and other additional tasks as assigned.
* Represent the Company and our values with integrity while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards with all interactions.
* Adhere to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities.
* Ability to safely lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds.
* This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift.
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field.
* Work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, while wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times.
* Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and work independently when required.
* Willing and able to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner while working in all weather conditions during a possible 12+ hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays.
* Willing to work mandatory and unscheduled hours outside of your assigned schedule with little or no advanced notice.
* Ability to travel as needed to other offices and work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area.
* Must be willing and able to attend and successfully complete classroom training and testing.
* Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements which may include, without limitation, pre-employment drug and alcohol test(s) and background checks as well as drug and/or alcohol testing periodically during employment (subject to state and federal laws).
* Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and protect Company proprietary information in an appropriate manner.
* Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver's license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company's vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines.
* One (1) year stable related work history (e.g. farming, ranching, construction, heavy equipment or other trade) or military service.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a current DOT medical card registered with the state licensing agency for non-excepted interstate.
* Prior military service.
* Experience in the oil and gas industry.
The Field Operator 1 must work with an emphasis on individual safety and safety for others, including coworkers and third parties. This position includes working outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation, and heights.