Michigan City, ND
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Okemos, MI office is hiring for a part-time Intern (approximately 10-15hrs/wk during the school year and approximately 40 hrs/wk in summer) to assist in the completion of project level work (data management, field work, report preparation, and design components) on multi-year environmental remediation/management projects for industrial clients (primarily manufacturing and oil and gas industry). Significant decisions and deliverables reviewed by higher level staff. Open to candidates within approximately 1.5 hours from Okemos as majority of job is done remotely, with follow up by higher level staff via video conferencing.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Responsible for plans, assessments, studies, research, surveys, reports, and calculations of limited scope requiring application of prescribed engineering or technical methods or instructions from more senior engineers and environmental scientists.
* May be delegated responsibility for designing and implementing projects within competencies and experience.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
* Good time management.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (AutoCAD experience a plus).
* Current 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training a plus.
* Wetland delineation experience a p