Technical Coordinator - Banner Payson
Technology Coordinator Job in Payson, AZ
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
1. Performs all duties of MLS/MT duties as defined by the department, at a high level of competency. Responsible for operational leadership and workflow oversight to the section/shift. Integrates comprehensive technical knowledge and clinical relevance into daily activity for the department. Responsible for complex problem solving of technical, computer, interdepartmental and quality issues. Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Technical Director, responsible for implementation of system technical initiatives in their area of responsibility. Provides onsite supervision (determines schedules, manage day to day work flow and give input into an assessment or disciplinary action) in the absence of section supervisor.
2. Focuses on quality by reviewing records and assuring performance of all quality control and assurance procedures. Ensures that quality control and instrumentation maintenance records are kept and documentation meets standards of accrediting and licensing agencies. Assists the Supervisor, Administrative and Technical Directors, and Technical Specialist, in the implementation of new QC/QA polices and continuous quality improvement programs in accordance with the Quality System. Active in department and LSA/SQL System quality assurance activities. Monitors and ensures compliance with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements for the laboratory. Actively participates in preparation for on-site accrediting process.
3. Monitors, recognizes opportunities for improvement, and participates in improving the financial performance of the department and the LSA/SQL System to decrease costs, increase productivity, and improve service. Monitors inventory and brings related issues forward for prompt resolution. Assists with cost analysis models.
4. Assists with basic personnel oversight including participation in selection, training, developing, and providing coaching under the direction of the Supervisor or appropriate Director. Assists in new employee orientation, training and competency. Provides input for competency and annual assessments for employees in appropriate time frames. Actively involved in implementing and ensuring staff completion of competency program requirements. Self-directed and motivated to seek out opportunities to contribute to projects to help the department. Coordinates and is active in at least two special projects per year within the department or LSA/SQL System, along with other miscellaneous department duties.
5. Serves as a resource communication liaison for on-site and System issues. Provides access to other System resources when appropriate. Works closely with on-site management to integrate the area into other activities on-site. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. Demonstrates preceptor and coaching skills and promotes a constructive environment that encourages learning and development. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written skills.
MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING
Medical Lab Technicians (MLTs), Clinical Lab Assistants, Phlebotomists.
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Department and LSA/SQL System; Internal Customers: Employees of the system, physicians, nursing. External Customer: Nurses, physicians, office personnel, vendors, service reps etc. Involved in interdepartmental communication and activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently. Use material handling equipment to push/and or pull up to 75 pounds and required to lift, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity. Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids, chemical, electrical and biological hazards. Ability to distinguish colors and to take direction and assimilate instructions quickly. Requires use of personal computer, printers, copiers, telephone, fax and department specific equipment.
• Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
• Two (2) years' experience in nonwaived testing in the designated specialty/sub-specialty area.
• Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
• MLS or Specialty Certification.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.