Patient Registration Clerk
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Knowledge of all registration and admission functions for inpatient and outpatient services provided by YKHC ADT (Admissions, Discharge, and Transfer) functions including all aspects of financial reports, daily census reconciliation, advance directives follow-up, final census report, insurance verification and authorization report. Maintain or establish patient eligibility not to exclude qualifying patients for and provide assistance to complete the necessary forms in order to obtain eligibility for third party coverage. Accurate and timely performance of duties directly impacts revenue received by the corporation.
* Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Computer literacy required. One year IBM or compatible computer system experience or college credits for MS Word. One year experience working in a healthcare field. Alphabetical and numerical filing experience. Experience working with printer, photocopiers, fax machine, multi-line phone systems.
* Minimum Experience: Typing 45 w.p.m., 10-key by touch. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Accuracy and dependability a must. Work done in this department directly impacts operations throughout YKHC and the hospital. Interpersonal and communication skill required to interact with medical personnel on a routine basis. Require to meet monthly deadlines to ensure prompt reimbursement.
* License, Certification, Registration: Records Custodian certificate recommended
* Equipment/Tools: Computer, calculator, phone, printers, Xerox, scanning
* Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, an
$37k-39k yearly est.