Department of The Treasury
Accountant Job in Humacao, PR
WHAT IS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Chief Financial Office Deputy CFO FINANCIAL ASSURNCE CTRL TEST(ADMIN)
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Reviews and interprets federal legislation, rules, standards, and regulations pertaining to accounting and financial management.
* Analyzes and evaluates agency-wide accounting operations, policies, procedures, and systems for compliance with standards and internal controls.
* Designs, implements, and assesses internal control processes and systems pertaining to agency-wide accounting and financial management activities.
* Prepares, analyzes, interprets, reviews, and presents accounting data, reports, and financial statements. Provides high-level technical support to the financial statement audit.
* Applies cost accounting methodologies to agency-wide data and systems, in partnership with business units, to report the cost of major activities for management information purposes.
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (IOR):To be minimally qualified for this position, you must meet the following basic requirements:
Degree in accounting or a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting (and/or auditing). The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
Combination of education and experience that included: At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge, and included one of the following:
Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination;
Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours; provided that you can demonstrate that you have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, and/or have the education, training, and experience that fully meets the specified requirements.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-13 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet the requirements below:
At least one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level or equivalent in the federal government. Specialized experience would include preparing, analyzing, interpreting and presenting accounting data; operating, maintaining, and modifying accounting systems; using accounting information to recommend solutions to management problems and structuring of organization programs; managing, operating, and analyzing cost accounting systems in connection with manufacturing or other business activities; designing, implementing, and assessing internal control processes and systems; preparing financial analysis and evaluation work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of (a) corporate finance and any specialized fields of finance required such as public finance, securities, international finance, money and securities markets, investments, and banking, and (b) the financial and management structure, operations, and practices of corporate and other organizations.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, Day Shift
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - no
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
* May be eligible for telework based on IRS policy. If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.