Finance Analyst Job in Albuquerque, NM
Salary Grade: G08
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$58,128 - $77,021 - $95,912
Given the financial nature of this position, this position has been defined as a position requiring a credit check. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Under direct supervision, develops, interprets, and implements financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collects, verifies, documents, and processes information necessary to maintain and update databases and assumptions used in modeling, analysis, and decision making activities
* Compiles, assembles, and packages documentation of activity and studies the results for filing and presentation purposes
* Performs routine technical calculations and studies, prepares graphs, table, spreadsheets and other analysis and presentation material in support of other department personnel
* Directs the preparation of studies, reports, and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts
* Reviews collection of data and makes recommendations to management regarding consistency and reasonableness of assumptions used in studies and projections
* Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts
* Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action
* Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations
* Serves as project coordinator to direct and coordinate the activities of internal company personnel in order to accomplish assigned objectives
* Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements
* In-depth knowledge of utility accounting, finance, rate making and economic principles and theories
* Ability to collect, research and synthesize complex or diverse information
* Ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a timely manner
* Ability to handle complex assignments
* Ability to exercise judgment to achieve desired performance, minimize costs, and meet schedules
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, with two to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
* Ability to read and interpret complex financial documents
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
* Working knowledge of Accounting and database software
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand up to 1/3 of the time and sit up to 2/3 of the time
* Manual dexterity required, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), and the ability to talk and listen
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Office environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.