CASINO ASSIST MANAGER (Wolf Point, MT, US, 59201)
Town Pump, Inc.
Brand Manager Assistant Job in Wolf Point, MT
Casino Assistant Manager
Job Description Summary
Summary: This position is accountable for the following areas: Customer service during shift. Accounting decisions consistent with Casino Operations standards, policies, and procedures. Assisting in planning, leadership, organizing, and follow-ups in the following areas: Office procedures, Vendor invoicing, computer data entries, and shortage controls. Setting the proper example for co-workers in terms of professionalism, attitude, and teamwork in the areas of customer service and casino operations. All assistant managers are expected to be trained in all areas to cover in the absence of a manger. Assistants need to know how to perform the duties of a manager such as payroll, inventories, scheduling, issuing counseling reports, retrains, machine repairs, member bets, stats reporting etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Customer service to include handling and screening of telephone calls.
* Effectively prioritizing and organizing follow up on office tasks to be accomplished.
* Security of all casino assets. Control of casino cash fund and inventories. Auditing of shift reports.
* Accurate and effective completion of all casinos paper work. Casino daily report. Casino daily purchases. Mark-up/Mark-down inventory adjustments. Auditing and completing of casino payroll records.
* Vendor controls and invoice handling, prepare and complete liquor orders, check in deliveries, stock liquor store and maintain to company standards.
* Ability to prep liquor store for liquor audits and full knowledge of how to do a liquor audit.
* Ordering to maintain an effective in-stock position of office supplies.
* Processing of invoices to include auditing cost and retail price.
* Effectively maintain accurate pricing on all liquor products for company promotions and according to the state regulations.
* Effectively balance to 6 week analysis reports
* Computer entry and recording of sales and purchases in the casino's running book. Balancing casino records to office reports.
* Prepare bank deposit subject to Managers inspection & approval.
* Casino safety.
* Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and in the absence of a manager.
* Must have a way to be able to be contacted. (Phone, message phone, cell phone, pager, beeper etc.)
* Training, instructing, coaching and discipline of employees.
* Able to take over and handle all manager tasks in the absence of the manager.
* Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Basic Statement of Functions
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; and work experience in computer or ten key; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires a minimum of 40 hours of on the job training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English language.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Current Montana Drivers License
* Alcohol sales/service certification approved by the state of Montana
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Ability to assist in meeting location performance goals.
* Ability to maintain above acceptable operational standards.
* Ability to assist in reporting and maintaining accurate records.
* Ability to assist all subordinates with their duties or customers when necessary.
* Ability to ensure the highest level of customer service at all times.
* Ability to provide planning, leadership, organization, and insure follow-ups in all areas of casino control.
* Maintaining the books at or above acceptable operational standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and rarely move up to 250 pounds with supporting equipment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee will be exposed to a casino environment, with limited light and noise levels higher than an office environment.
* The employee will work in an environment with both frequent interruptions and customer interactions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold in coolers and/or freezers for up to one hour.