Health Care Manager Job in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
At Cano Health, our culture is a “family of families”, growing stronger together to improve the lives of our patients, communities, and our associates. A culture that succeeds because of the hearts and minds of our people. Our values and guiding principles transform our lives with purpose and passion, becoming one focused source of hopeful change. A leadership culture that cultivates and empowers our people to gain ownership for their contributions and success. The Cano Movement is proof of what everyday people with a passion for health care can accomplish together.
Join the Cano Movement! The movement that doesn't just offer a job, it offers an opportunity to serve and grow with purpose. At Cano you will be part of a collaborative team, dedicated to the pursuit of health & wellness excellence.
Cano Health offers competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision insurance, employee mental health program, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and much more.
The Health Center Manager is responsible for working with the Medical Director to oversee the clinical and administrative aspects of the practice(s), including practice profitability, revenue goals and other metrics. This includes accountability for clinical quality of care, customer satisfaction, staff satisfaction, productivity, revenue enhancement, managed care performance, staff leadership and assuring adequate access for patients.
Office Manager Responsibilities
• Directs the internal practice operations; creates benchmarks, tracks and reports progress, researches process improvements/efficiencies, recommends and implements changes.
• Works closely with the Medical Director, practice supervisors, and the Regional Director, to ensure that associates are of the appropriate number and mix of competencies, skill levels, educational and experiential backgrounds, and other qualifications.
• Works with staff supervisors, Medical Director and HR to address personnel issues.
• Works respectfully and cooperatively with management, staff, patients, and vendors; handling escalated patient and staff issues as needed.
• Attends Divisional Operating Team and Practice Manager meetings, and others as required.
• Monitors monthly statistical reports and practice trends and develops actions plans accordingly.
• Participate in new business development as appropriate for practice.
• Must be able to work effectively as a member of the leadership team.
• Maintains complete knowledge of office services and in the use of all relevant office equipment, computer, and manual systems.
• Maintains strict patient and associate confidentiality in compliance HIPAA guidelines.
• Serves as a role model, by demonstrating exceptional ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibilities.
• Embraces new ideas and respects cultural differences.
• Reviews practice risk assessment regularly and reports any issues.
• Assures the clinics practice's compliance with federal, state and safety regulations.
• Accountable for assuring compliance with patient and staff safety regulations.
• Responsible for ongoing professional development - maintains appropriate licensure/certification and continuing education credentials, and participates in available learning opportunities.
• Maintains knowledge of and complies with standards, policies and procedures, including Associate Handbook.
• Assures that the highest quality of care is delivered by the practice.
• Reviews patient care quality data and peer review data and develops action plans as necessary.
• Supports clinical leadership with producing plans for improving quality and patient safety.
• Implements effective, quality marketing programs.
• Works with the Medical Director to develop the vision and direction of the practice in alignment with Cano's priorities.
• Works with practice providers and practice management team to develop, implement, and manage the Work plan.
• Monitors continuing medical education of the team.
• Contributes to the evaluation and improvement plans for Physicians/ARNP's and PA's.
• Coordinates the scheduling of providers.
• Meets regularly with practice providers to review material from Operating Team meetings, financials including provider productivity, and to review progress on goals and work plan.
Training & Development
• Manages practice staff - hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, disciplining and terminating.
• Organizes and implements orientation and training programs for all new staff and providers under the guidance of the Medical Director.
• Promotes educational opportunities for staff and providers; develops future leadership within the office.
• Ensures the patient satisfaction scores related to the office demonstrate continuous improvement.
• Reviews annual staff and provider satisfaction reports with Medical Director, office leadership, providers and staff; Develops, implements and monitors ongoing improvement plans.
• Administers regular provider and staff meetings to gather feedback, ensures appropriate patient access, and develops teamwork.
• Assures that staff and providers have support and accurate information about activities and goals.
• Promote teamwork and cross training.
• Develops and manage practice annual budget.
• Works with the Regional Director to contribute cost effective staffing solutions.
• Creates a positive and productive work environment to attract and retain staff, providers and patients by supporting the mission, vision and Cultural Attributes of Cano Health.
• Ensure medical center is clean, organized, and presentable always
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Prior leadership experience in a medical office environment or other relevant professional experience; requires a minimum of 4 years in combination with meeting education requirements.
• Experience directly supervising non-exempt staff and leadership team is required.
Cano Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.