1. Monitor controls programs district wide.
2. Installs, inspects, maintains, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all heating, air
conditioning, ice making, refrigeration, and ventilation systems.
3. Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation
units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs, and completing
4. Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety
5. Maintains knowledge of District equipment procedures for power outages.
6. Follow Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
7. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing
information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety
8. Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating
9. May coordinate, maintain, and repair all energy management systems.
10. Purchasing and maintaining inventory
11. Must be willing and able to plow snow when needed during the winter months.
12. Must be willing to go on an on call rotation.
13. Must be willing to be on call for HVAC/R issues.
14. All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Facilities Director.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Control training is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years experience related to HVAC. Minimum of 5 years experience in Maintenance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
Certified in Type II and Type III Refrigerant Transition and
Recovery. Must have a Universal EPA Refrigerant Certification
Must be able to lift 50 to 100lbs often and work on your feet for long periods of time without
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of an Preventative Maintenance Tech of MSD of
Decatur Township. This position works at Schools that require climbing up ladders and stairways. Must be able to
work while standing, squatting and kneeling for long periods. This position also requires work outdoors in cold, hot
and sometimes wet weather conditions.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician will perform duties throughout the
assigned working location of MSD Decatur Township.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician will be expected to
maintain the districts heating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician may
be responsible for identifying repair and/or replacement needs, then completing the repairs.
This position conducts preventative maintenance including changing belts, filters and greasing motors for all HVAC systems and
This position may need to assist Maintenance Techs within and outside of their trade.
This position reports directly to The Assistant Facilities Director.
260 days 2:30pm to 11:00pm
(During the summer and other school breaks this position will work 7:00am to 3:30 pm)
Department: MSD Decatur Township Schools Operations