Mid-level Geologist/ Environmental Scientist
United States of America - Maryland, Germantown
AECOM is actively seeking a mid-level geologist, environmental scientist, or environmental engineer for employment in the Germantown, MD office to be a task leader for a variety of environmental projects (i.e., Remedial Investigations and Site Assessments) for primarily Federal sector clients with a focus on projects involving PFAS or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances. PFAS are a set of emerging contaminants for which AECOM foresees a significant growth in its business. In this important position, the successful candidate will support Project Managers as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
Under the supervision of a Project Manager or senior-level team member, the successful candidate will:
* Performs standard scientific work requiring application of techniques and procedures.
* Detects problems when using standardized procedures because of the condition of sample, difficulties with the equipment, etc.
* Conducts specific phases of projects for more experienced scientists.
* Proposes appropriate analytical methods and techniques. Assists in providing advice and consulting services within scope of scientific knowledge.
* Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis.
* Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
* Task manage portions of a larger project.
* Assist in managing and coordinating complex field tasks involving groundwater monitoring, drilling, and remedial construction activities
* Assist with technical report writing tasks with the support of more junior staff.
* Assist with proposal writing and cost estimating.
* Develop subcontractor relationships and manage implementation of their services.
* Assist with preparing permits and access agreements with public agencies and other stakeholders.
* Interact with clients.
* Qualified candidates must be comfortable with periodic travel.
* Limited field work may be required including oversight of subcontractors. Anticipated division of job-related tasks is about a 60/40 percent split between office and field work.
* Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative. For the right candidate, this position holds significant growth potential.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
+ Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
+ \#1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
+ VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
+ Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
+ Bachelor's degree
+ 2 years of demonstrated equivalency of work experience and or education.
+ Experience with specialized software (e.g., EVS, ModFlow, RACER Cost Estimating, CADD, GIS) and creating or using environmental databases.
+ Experience with CERCLA RI/FS, RCRA, and RD/RA projects with commercial or DoD clients.
+ Experience performing environmental investigations at DoD facilities, especially for emerging contaminants (e.g., PFAS).
+ Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in planning and implementing remedial investigations and designs.
+ Technical Skills - Life cycle cost estimating, feasibility studies, environmental remedial design, basic fate and transport modeling, and excellent technical writing skills.
+ Certificates - OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER Training and current refresher certificates.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Sciences
**Business Line** Environment
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 253956BR
**Additional Locations** US - Arlington, VA - 3101 Wilson Blvd
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
$72k-107k yearly est.