Procurement Agent Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for procurement agents in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 73,502 procurement agents currently employed in the United States.
- 46.3% of all procurement agents are women, while only 48.8% are men.
- The average age of an employed procurement agent is 46 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of procurement agents is White (71.5%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (10.5%) and Black or African American (8.7%).
- The majority of procurement agents are located in TX, Houston and NC, Raleigh.
- Procurement agents are most in-demand in Atlanta, GA.
- Procurement agents are paid an average annual salary of $76,182.
- Horsham, PA pays an annual average wage of $82,631, the highest in the US.
- Procurement agents average starting salary is $53,000.
- In 2021, women earned 96% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid procurement agents earn as much as $108,000 or more.
- Pennsylvania is the best state for procurement agents to live.
- Procurement agents are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Procurement Agent Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Procurement Agent
Women Earn 96¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Procurement Agent Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the procurement agent position over time.
Procurement Agent Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, grain elevator worker and chief estimator have the biggest difference in gender.
|Human Resources Administrative Assistant||11%||85%|
|Assistant To Human Resources Director||12%||83%|
|Grain Elevator Worker||91%||8%|
Procurement Agent Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among procurement agents is White, which makes up 71.5% of all procurement agents. Comparatively, there are 10.5% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 8.7% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 71.5%
- Hispanic or Latino, 10.5%
- Black or African American, 8.7%
- Asian, 7.2%
- Unknown, 1.5%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.6%
Procurement Agent Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among procurement agents.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Procurement Agent Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Procurement Agent
We determined the average age of procurement agents based on ethnicity and gender.
Procurement Agent Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of procurement agent employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of procurement agents is 40+ years old, which represents 70% of the population.
Types of Procurement Agent Degree Levels
Procurement Agent Wage Gap By Education
Procurement Agent Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ procurement agents. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most procurement agents is the manufacturing industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire procurement agents.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Procurement Agent Work In
Employees with the procurement agent job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most procurement agents prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Procurement Agents
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ procurement agents. Those industries include manufacturing, technology and retail.
Procurement Agent Turnover And Employment Statistics
Procurement Agent Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of procurement agents changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Procurement Agent Stay in a Job
By looking over 8,258 procurement agents resumes, we figured out that the average procurement agent enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 34%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Procurement Agents with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to procurement agents.
|Human Resources Associate||16.05%|
|Master Hearth Technician||18.40%|
|Document Management Consultant||20.62%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Procurement Agents
The most common foreign language among procurement agents is Spanish at 45.3%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is Chinese at 9.2% and French is the third-most popular at 8.6%.
- Spanish, 45.3%
- Chinese, 9.2%
- French, 8.6%
- Mandarin, 6.4%
- German, 5.8%
- Other, 24.7%