Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for product specialists/sales specialists in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 76,644 product specialists/sales specialists currently employed in the United States.
- 32.9% of all product specialists/sales specialists are women, while only 62.9% are men.
- The average age of an employed product specialist/sales specialist is 36 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of product specialists/sales specialists is White (71.1%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (11.6%) and Asian (8.2%).
- The majority of product specialists/sales specialists are located in NY, New York and FL, Orlando.
- Product specialists/sales specialists are most in-demand in New York, NY.
- Product specialists/sales specialists are paid an average annual salary of $72,613.
- San Francisco, CA pays an annual average wage of $98,566, the highest in the US.
- Product specialists/sales specialists average starting salary is $45,000.
- In 2021, women earned 96% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid product specialists/sales specialists earn as much as $115,000 or more.
- Pennsylvania is the best state for product specialists/sales specialists to live.
- Product specialists/sales specialists are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Product Specialist/Sales Specialist
Women Earn 96¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the product specialist/sales specialist position over time.
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, grain elevator worker and chief estimator have the biggest difference in gender.
|Human Resources Administrative Assistant||11%||85%|
|Assistant To Human Resources Director||12%||83%|
|Product Specialist/Sales Specialist||63%||33%|
|Grain Elevator Worker||91%||8%|
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among product specialists/sales specialists is White, which makes up 71.1% of all product specialists/sales specialists. Comparatively, there are 11.6% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 8.2% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 71.1%
- Hispanic or Latino, 11.6%
- Asian, 8.2%
- Black or African American, 5.6%
- Unknown, 3.2%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among product specialists/sales specialists.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Product Specialist/Sales Specialist
We determined the average age of product specialists/sales specialists based on ethnicity and gender.
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of product specialist/sales specialist employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of product specialists/sales specialists is 40+ years old, which represents 35% of the population.
Types of Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Degree Levels
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Wage Gap By Education
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ product specialists/sales specialists. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most product specialists/sales specialists is the retail industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire product specialists/sales specialists.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Work In
Employees with the product specialist/sales specialist job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most product specialists/sales specialists prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Product Specialist/Sales Specialists
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ product specialists/sales specialists. Those industries include retail, manufacturing and technology.
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Turnover And Employment Statistics
Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of product specialists/sales specialists changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Product Specialist/Sales Specialist Stay in a Job
By looking over 2,068 product specialists/sales specialists resumes, we figured out that the average product specialist/sales specialist enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 36%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Product Specialist/Sales Specialists with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to product specialists/sales specialists.
|Product Specialist/Sales Specialist||14.22%|
|Employer Relations Representative||16.05%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Product Specialist/Sales Specialists
The most common foreign language among product specialists/sales specialists is Spanish at 46.5%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 8.9% and Portuguese is the third-most popular at 6.9%.
- Spanish, 46.5%
- French, 8.9%
- Portuguese, 6.9%
- German, 5.9%
- Mandarin, 5.0%
- Other, 26.8%