Project Scheduler Sr JP8303
Project Scheduler Job, Remote or New Albany, OH
Proj Scheduler Assc - Proj Scheduler Sr
Hours M-F 8-5, possibility of OT with permission. Travel 5% would consist of an occasional day trip to a job site with a PM. The potential for overnight stay is possible but kept at a minimal.
This role is designated as hybrid and will require on location work two scheduled days a week. Remaining 3 days would be remote work.
Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering preferred
Responsible for coordinating team activities and supporting the Project Managers (PMs). With minimal supervision, perform role as scheduler and/or commodity tracker for major projects.. Independently lead the effort to develop and analyze intermediate and complex scope of work schedules using the assigned system. Able to plan, schedule, integrate, baseline, update, maintain, and analyze scope of work schedules with minimal supervision or oversight. When applicable, maintain security, reporting, maintenance, and daily operation of systems and software and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for assigned scopes of work projects. Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, and team focused individual able to competently perform scheduling techniques and analyses on all scope of work aspects. Additional duties may include developing and implementing scope of work schedule status reports for the management team. The candidate must be able to interface with a variety of stakeholders including execution teams, contractors, suppliers, and AEP management.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks :
1. Define activities, duration, work sequences, and relationship logic to develop the plan and develop milestones to represent key decisions and deliverables that take place during execution. Ensure all logic and activities support the level of detail required by the customer and meet internal department standards and guidance. Ensure all scope and deliverables are accounted for.
2. Develop fully integrated system schedules (including resource loading and leveling) for complex and intermediate scope of work execution teams including detailed system schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the work packages and planners work list.
3. Organize and lead schedule review meetings with all stakeholders and incorporate appropriate details. Ensure clear minutes and action items, as required.
4. Engage team and stakeholders to create schedules and provide schedule analysis updates to team, alerting them to schedule risks and issues that could delay milestones. Communicate schedule status to project stakeholders.
5. Lead the administration of the AEP project management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the AEP Project Management Governance Committee.
6. Work with Administrator to assign security, profiles and roles for new users.
7. Use sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, and develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project/outage teams on a routine basis.
8. Provide periodic summary level status reports as requested. Prepare and analyze metrics reports or KPIs
9. Mentor and train junior level schedulers.
10. Perform/coordinate schedule and cost integration including SPI/CPI and setup/maintenance of associated data systems and processes on a project/outage basis.
11. Recommend and develop What-If schedules such as compressed or crashed schedules, etc., as required to address problems that arise over the course of the scope of work and incorporate the necessary activity and logic changes into the schedule to provide minimum impact to the schedule.
No experience required with a qualified Associate's or Bachelor's degree; with a High School Diploma, a minimum of two (2) years' qualified experience.
With a qualified Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of qualified experience; with a qualified Associate's degree, three (3) years' qualified experience; with a High School Diploma or GED, six (6) years' experience
With a qualified Bachelor's degree, four (4) years' qualified experience required; with a qualified Associate's degree, six (6) years' qualified experience. Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering preferred.
Qualified degrees must be in a related field from an accredited university or college and could include Accounting, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management.
Qualified experience includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures. Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
Additional Requirements :
1. Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently; show capacity for organizational and planning skills; as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to achieve goals.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others.
4. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to develop complex spreadsheets.
5. Some travel, including overnight, may be required. On rare occasions, temporary relocation might be required to complete projects.
6. Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work under general supervision, be independent, and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all scope of work aspects.
7. Safely and effectively perform light physical duties at various work sites including home and AEP locations in varying conditions.
8. Understand and support the policies, values, principles, structure and behavior of AEP.
9. Must be available to work overtime, call-out overtime and shift work, as required.
10. Proficient at reviewing scope, client requirements, division of responsibility, project objectives and constraints to develop the strategy for effective project delivery
11. As applicable based on role and site, duties can involve construction site walkdown on unstable surfaces, climbing ladders, and awareness of hazardous site conditions, as applicable.
AEP Work Designation (hover here for descriptions) Hybrid
$68k-90k yearly est.