Certified Medical Assistant or LPN (Urgent Care)
Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Nurse Assistant Job in Richland, WA
The Medical Assistant or LPN is responsible for providing patient care services, determining medical conditions, and preparing patients for examination and treatment under the direction of the Provider.The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, has a positive attitude and above all else, has a passion for patient care!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Prepare patients for examination, records vitals and history, and provides treatment as applicable
• Prepares exam/treatment rooms; select, setup, sterilize, and maintain medical supplies and equipment for procedures
• Prepare and administer injections, change dressings, and facilitate wound management under providers orders
• Collect blood, tissue, and other laboratory specimens through routine in-house testing procedures, and analyze and prepare for testing, log results, and perform lab call-backs
• Authorize medication refills as per providers direction and provide prescription information to pharmacies
• Document basic patient care and procedures, utilizing appropriate forms and electronic medical records
• Schedule patients for tests, initial, and follow-up appointments
• Instructs patients and family regarding treatment and medication instructions
• Collaborate, take direction, and initiate actions that will allow the assumption of cross-functional team actions to ensure seamless patient care
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Education: High school graduate or equivalent is required.
• Certificate/License: An active Medical Assistant Certification or LPN License is required. Current BLS is required.
• Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience is preferred.
BestMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)