Electrical Instrumentation and Control Technician -Puna,HI
Ormat Technologies, Inc.
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is located in Hilo, Hawaii, and is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing low and high- voltage electrical equipment.
* Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures, and guidelines.
* Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by ORMAT, CAPP, and OSHA.
* Ensure work is done in compliance with electrical (NEC and NFPA) codes.
* Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair low and high-voltage electrical equipment.
* Install and calibrate analog and discrete instrumentation and control valves.
* Read, understand and effectively utilize technical information from electrical schematics, vendor information, procedures and codes.
* Perform voltage, current and arc flash calculations.
* Perform arc flash calculations.
* Calibrate and use test equipment associated with the power plant electrical and safety systems.
* Participate in planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
* Create and modify reports and records associated with the electrical systems of the power plant.
* Perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks as required.
* Provide recommendations for reliability improvements.
* Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
* Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including rural areas to work on other projects.
$63k-85k yearly est.