Quality Control Internship Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for quality control interns in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 49,082 quality control interns currently employed in the United States.
- 37.7% of all quality control interns are women, while only 52.9% are men.
- The average age of an employed quality control internship is 37 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of quality control interns is White (58.0%), followed by Asian (17.7%) and Hispanic or Latino (12.9%).
- The majority of quality control interns are located in NY, New York and MA, Boston.
- Quality control interns are most in-demand in Cambridge, MA.
- Quality control interns are paid an average annual salary of $32,525.
- Boston, MA pays an annual average wage of $41,151, the highest in the US.
- Quality control interns average starting salary is $26,000.
- In 2021, women earned 94% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid quality control interns earn as much as $40,000 or more.
- Rhode Island is the best state for quality control interns to live.
- Quality control interns are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Quality Control Internship Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Quality Control Internship
Women Earn 94¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Quality Control Internship Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the quality control internship position over time.
Quality Control Internship Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, senior field service technician and installer/lead technician have the biggest difference in gender.
|Feed Research Aide||18%||70%|
|Psychologist Research Assistant||23%||70%|
|Quality Control Internship||53%||38%|
|Field Installation Technician||92%||5%|
|Senior Field Service Technician||92%||5%|
Quality Control Internship Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among quality control interns is White, which makes up 58.0% of all quality control interns. Comparatively, there are 17.7% of the Asian ethnicity and 12.9% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.
- White, 58.0%
- Asian, 17.7%
- Hispanic or Latino, 12.9%
- Black or African American, 6.9%
- Unknown, 3.2%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 1.3%
Quality Control Internship Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among quality control interns.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Quality Control Internship Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Quality Control Internship
We determined the average age of quality control interns based on ethnicity and gender.
Quality Control Internship Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of quality control internship employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of quality control interns is 20-30 years old, which represents 39% of the population.
Types of Quality Control Internship Degree Levels
Quality Control Internship Wage Gap By Education
Quality Control Internship Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ quality control interns. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most quality control interns is the manufacturing industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire quality control interns.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Quality Control Internship Work In
Employees with the quality control internship job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most quality control interns prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Quality Control Internships
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ quality control interns. Those industries include manufacturing, health care and automotive.
Quality Control Internship Turnover And Employment Statistics
Quality Control Internship Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of quality control interns changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Quality Control Internship Stay in a Job
By looking over 6,563 quality control interns resumes, we figured out that the average quality control internship enjoys staying at their job for Less than 1 year for a percentage of 80%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Quality Control Internships
The most common foreign language among quality control interns is Spanish at 34.2%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is Chinese at 12.1% and Mandarin is the third-most popular at 10.9%.
- Spanish, 34.2%
- Chinese, 12.1%
- Mandarin, 10.9%
- French, 9.5%
- German, 7.2%
- Other, 26.1%