Quality Control Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for quality control managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 122,528 quality control managers currently employed in the United States.
- 23.7% of all quality control managers are women, while only 71.8% are men.
- The average age of an employed quality control manager is 47 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of quality control managers is White (75.3%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (12.1%) and Asian (6.7%).
- The majority of quality control managers are located in TX, Houston and NY, New York.
- Quality control managers are most in-demand in San Diego, CA.
- Quality control managers are paid an average annual salary of $70,970.
- Fall River, MA pays an annual average wage of $96,433, the highest in the US.
- Quality control managers average starting salary is $46,000.
- In 2021, women earned 93% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid quality control managers earn as much as $109,000 or more.
- New Hampshire is the best state for quality control managers to live.
- Quality control managers are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Quality Control Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Quality Control Manager
Women Earn 93¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Quality Control Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the quality control manager position over time.
Quality Control Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, plant superintendent and maintenance director have the biggest difference in gender.
|Executive Assistant/Human Resources||9%||88%|
|Office Manager Of Human Resources||13%||84%|
|Business Office Manager||15%||81%|
|Quality Control Manager||72%||24%|
|General Road Foreman||93%||3%|
Quality Control Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among quality control managers is White, which makes up 75.3% of all quality control managers. Comparatively, there are 12.1% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 6.7% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 75.3%
- Hispanic or Latino, 12.1%
- Asian, 6.7%
- Black or African American, 4.3%
- Unknown, 1.4%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.2%
Quality Control Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among quality control managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Quality Control Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Quality Control Manager
We determined the average age of quality control managers based on ethnicity and gender.
Quality Control Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of quality control manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of quality control managers is 40+ years old, which represents 74% of the population.
Types of Quality Control Manager Degree Levels
The most common degree for quality control managers is bachelor's degree 58% of quality control managers earn that degree. A close second is associate degree with 18% and rounding it off is high school diploma with 9%.
- Bachelors, 58%
- Associate, 18%
- High School Diploma, 9%
- Masters, 9%
- Other Degrees, 6%
Quality Control Manager Jobs You Might Like
Quality Control Manager Wage Gap By Education
Quality Control Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ quality control managers. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most quality control managers is the construction industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire quality control managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Quality Control Manager Work In
Employees with the quality control manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most quality control managers prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Quality Control Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ quality control managers. Those industries include construction, manufacturing and technology.
Quality Control Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
Quality Control Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of quality control managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Quality Control Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 16,050 quality control managers resumes, we figured out that the average quality control manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 37%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Quality Control Managers
The most common foreign language among quality control managers is Spanish at 50.5%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 9.5% and German is the third-most popular at 5.7%.
- Spanish, 50.5%
- French, 9.5%
- German, 5.7%
- Arabic, 4.5%
- Portuguese, 4.1%
- Other, 25.7%