Manufacturer Job in Arecibo, PR
Plans and directs the overall manufacturing activities of the plant; provides manufacturing advice and assistance to other departments. Supervises and directs supervisors in the manufacture of Feeders or Molding components.
Manages, directs and coordinates plant operations. Ensures achievement of company objectives by delegating authority to key supervisors in production, methods, cost accounting, maintenance and other related operations.
* Monitors production activities to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
* Directs preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates, manpower and facilities requirement forecasts.
* Directs the plant manufacturing and production activities toward the accomplishment of corporate objectives.
* Directs the manufacture of all plant products at lowest cost consistently with established specifications as to quality and quantity.
* Plans, directs and supervises activities of supervisors of various sections in the performance of their assigned responsibilities.
* Oversees and ensures proper maintenance of plant and production facilities, including preventive maintenance program.
* Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the division in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
* Oversees installation and maintenance of all processing equipment used in manufacturing.
* Develops and recommends plant manufacturing and operating profit.
* Implements plant policies and supervise the application of such policies to the plant's manufacturing operations.
11. Plans production schedules so that daily and monthly loads may be kept.
* Assists immediate supervisor, staff personnel or others with problems related to operation of section.
* Maintains good housekeeping practices and safety by reviewing the sections with the supervisor.
* Insures timely order placing and expediting.
* Monitors performance of the quality system and reports results to the organization's management. When necessary, insures timely corrective action on deficiencies found.
* Monitors and follow up on inventory levels to fulfill production demands. Maintains appropriate inventory levels.
* Monitors and facilitates the inventory management for new products as assigned.
* Directs the order entry and invoicing department.
* Determines priority of conflicting schedules in the best balanced interest of the customer and production.
* Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in order to obtain good information for the benefit of our customers.
* Maintains liaison directly with customers, marketing and CSC to assure good and timely information.
* Directs preparation of all documentation on shipments through Navieras and air freight.
* Maintains daily and monthly performance records.
Responsibilities related to Health, Safety and Environment (EHS):
1. Attend and performs all EHS training assigned.
2. Promotes MESH processes and policies to his department employees.
3. Provides all resources needed to ensure that all MESH policies and procedures all performed by all personnel under his/her supervision
IIoT Project responsibilities and accountabilities based on role scope:
* Discuss Key metrics on Tier 2, Use IIOT information to define fast response actions. Follow actions with the respectively team. Support Usage of IIOT system through the plant. Thru IIOT Dashboard, Visual Display, Tier 2 Board
* Discuss Key metrics daily with production floor manufacturing /support personnel (safety, quality issues, daily previous production, actions and usage of IIOT system) thru IIOT Dashboard, Visual Display, Tier 1 Board
* Maintain and enforce usage of TDM and PDES system in mfg. areas thru Shop Floor Connectivity
* PDES / UI support & maintenance thru Shop Floor Connectivity
* Workstation - ongoing support & maintenance thru Infrastructure
Business Administration Degree or Engineering Degree.
* Minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing environment or manufacturing engineering
* Experience with PP ACB & Amadas
* Experience in Setup reduction, Cost Savings & Continuous Improvement
* Experience with Tooling & Equipment
* Experience working with Safety Machine Guarding
* Experience in Inventory Management
Legalmente autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos sin el patrocinio de la compañía. / Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No