Machine Operator I - 2nd Shift
Emerson Electric Co.
Machine Operator Job in Ash Flat, AR
* Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and material on machines, such as band saw, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
* Load raw materials into the machine and handle materials that come out of the machine
* Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on materials or work pieces as guides for subsequent machining
* Machine parts based on blueprints and work instructions
* Use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, profilometers, air gages, etc. to verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES & SKILLS:
* High School Diploma, GED, or demonstrated ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a high school level
* 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, profilometers, air gages, etc.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50lbs
* Ability to communicate effectively and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment
Typical shop floor with possible exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, oil and water. May be exposed to any number of these elements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
* Associates Degree in any field
* 1 - 3 years consistent work experience in any field
* Prior forklift certification