Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Provides basic patient care including, but not limited to age specific assistance with ADLs, assists physicians and nurses with procedures, assists with whirlpool treatments, changing bed linens, patient escort and monitoring' and any other therapeutic measures that result in a higher level of patient comfort. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Basic Life Support (BLS).
* Must successfully complete a medical terminology course within one year of hire.
* The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
* Office equipment (i.e., telephone, computer, fax machine, copier, etc.) and medical equipment as appropriate for the position.
* Good human relations and oral/written communication skills.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Familiarity with hospital environment and clinical procedures.
* Must possess organization skills and the ability to handle information of a confidential nature and exercise good judgement on an independent basis.
* Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with varying personalities and must remain calm, tactful and diplomatic at all times.
* Possess the ability to work independently and maintain accountability for work.
* LANGUAGE SKILLS:
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* REASONING ABILIT
$22k-30k yearly est.