Manager, Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Manager, Software Engineering will lead a team in the successful delivery of critical software projects. This role will work with cross-functional teams and various business stakeholders to devise solutions to urgent business challenges. This role will communicate with project managers and leaders at all levels of our business. This individual will be responsible for continued successful support of Software Engineering and their mission to deliver critical development at Exact Sciences in a wide range of areas of the business.
Emphasis will be placed on the person's technical and leadership skills as well as ability to coach their team to success and foster an innovative team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Raise capabilities in the engineering team; including, but not limited to, developing coding, testing, and deployment protocols and implementing best practices.
* Maintain strong relationships and transparency with key stakeholders (Lab, Sales, Support, Customers, and Affiliates).
* Partner with business and technology teams to prioritize roadmaps, requirements, balance business need with capacity, and technology constraints.
* Work with business stakeholders and engineering teams to design innovative solutions to complex challenges faced by the Company.
* Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
* Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
* Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
* Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
* Apply good process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution
$131k-199k yearly est.