2023 Summer Innovative Solutions Electrical Engineer Intern
Electrical Engineer Internship Job in Lee, ME
Find your purpose, gain real-world experience and develop lasting mentor relationships!
As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of our team by supporting the company's strategic direction while tackling current industry challenges. During this internship, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields. This program is a key pipeline for full-time opportunity and development programs at AVANGRID.
The Opportunity Includes:
* A dynamic 10-week internship program
* Apply college learning and implement innovative solutions to real-world challenges
* Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
* Collaborate in project-based assignments, challenging professional work experience
* Interaction, networking and exposure to various levels of leadership and management
* Amazing mentorship opportunities
* Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full time offers to join the team or our Engineering Development Program (EDP) or full time engineer roles following the successful completion of their degree
* Sophomore or Junior pursuing a Bachelor's or first year Master's degree and have one or more summers remaining prior to the completion of undergraduate or master's degree
* Preferred concentrations in the field of engineering degree; suggested majors include, electrical or related undergraduate or graduate degree
* Have a high affinity for building well-engineered solutions to complex problems pertaining to clean, renewable and sustainable energy
* Preferred GPA 3.2
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
AVANGRID's energy delivery companies include:
* Berkshire Gas Company (BGC)
* Central Maine Power (CMP)
* Maine Natural Gas (MNG)
* New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
* Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
* United Illuminating (UIL), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG)
* Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation (CNG)
* Renewables (REN)
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About AVANGRID (BGC, CNG, CMP, MNG, NYSEG, RG&E, UI, SCG, NYSEG, REN)
AVANGRID (NYSE: AGR) is a diversified energy and utility company with operations in 24 states. As a leading sustainable energy company, we operate 8 electric and gas utilities with smart networks in the Northeast, serving ~3.2M customers. We are one of the country's largest producers of clean power through wind energy, with wind and solar operations in 22 states. We are looking for innovators, go-getters and change-markers as we continue to grow as a U.S. leader in energy.
Binghamton, New York, United States
Lancaster, New York, United States
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Rochester, New York, United States
Augusta, Maine, United States
Orange, Connecticut, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables.