STORE CLERK (Big Timber, MT, US, 59011)
Town Pump, Inc.
Stock Clerk Job in Big Timber, MT
Store Clerk / Cashier
Summary: This position is accountable for customer service, cash handling and accounting, stocking, pricing, rotating and displaying of merchandise, housekeeping inside and outside of store, store safety and store security, and deli food sales and cooking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Waiting on the public, providing exception customer service.
2. Operating computerized cash register, give correct change, scan credit cards and checks, bag merchandise.
3. Stock shelves and cooler.
4. Clean and maintain all areas of the store, with specific attention to the fountain area.
5. Remembering regular customer's names and faces. Suggest selling and assisting customers to locate merchandise.
6. Accurate and effective completion of shift paper work.
7. Clean rest rooms, deli equipment, dusting shelves and merchandise, windows, doors, empty trash cans, sweeping and mopping.
8. Use of fire extinguisher and other safety equipment.
9. Detection of shoplifters.
10. Vendor check in procedures.
11. Use of protocol system and "drive off" controls.
12. Listening and handling customer complaints.
13. Use of price book, safety manual, and store rest room logs.
14. Advises store manager of any situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
15. Answer and screen telephone calls properly.
16. Policing the store.
17. Sweep lot, shovel snow, clean gas pumps, fills water/cleaning solution buckets on islands.
* Any other job duties as assigned by supervisors.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Effectively present information one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Montana State Approved Alcohol Education and Training (Cashiers).
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
* Ability to operate the following equipment safely and accurately; credit card machine (electric and
manual), Trendar machines, safe, telephone, Lottery machine, public address system, gas consoles, hand cart, check verification machine, and cleaning tools.
* Ability to adhere to all safety rules in on site Safety Manual.
* Ability to wear proper uniform and maintain personal hygiene to meet all health standards.
* Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations.
* Ability to assist second cashier or manager as needed.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, fellow team members and management.
* Ability to work with customers and co-workers and be able to work all shifts, weekends, and nights.
* Must be able to operate an electronic cash register and other equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to Extreme cold (non-weather); and outdoor weather conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, (for example, in the event of emergencies, or changes in personnel, work load, or technical development).