92Y Unit Supply Specialist - Warehouse Manager
Army National Guard
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
As a Unit Supply Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will ensure that your Unit and fellow Soldiers are well supplied and equipped for any mission.
In this role, your keen eye and management ability will keep warehouse functions running smoothly. You will oversee the shipping, storage, and supply of Army National Guard equipment. This includes receiving, inspecting, invoicing, storing, and delivering supplies. You will: ensure that all documents are prepared and organized; maintain automated systems; secure and control weapons and ammunition; and schedule and provide maintenance for weapons.
• Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas
• Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons
• Operate unit level computers
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Procedures for handling medical and food supplies
• Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and/or typing
• Ability to keep accurate records
• Enjoy physical work
• Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk, or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores or government warehouses and stockrooms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Then you will attend eight weeks Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of six weeks of additional trainin
$23k-36k yearly est.