Refrigeration Mechanic Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for refrigeration mechanics in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 4,606 refrigeration mechanics currently employed in the United States.
- 3.3% of all refrigeration mechanics are women, while only 91.6% are men.
- The average age of an employed refrigeration mechanic is 41 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of refrigeration mechanics is White (67.1%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (19.3%) and Black or African American (9.1%).
- The majority of refrigeration mechanics are located in NY, New York and FL, Gainesville.
- Refrigeration mechanics are most in-demand in Los Angeles, CA.
- Refrigeration mechanics are paid an average annual salary of $46,371.
- Los Angeles, CA pays an annual average wage of $59,839, the highest in the US.
- Refrigeration mechanics average starting salary is $33,000.
- In 2021, women earned 96% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid refrigeration mechanics earn as much as $64,000 or more.
- Nevada is the best state for refrigeration mechanics to live.
- Refrigeration mechanics are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Refrigeration Mechanic Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Refrigeration Mechanic
Women Earn 96¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Refrigeration Mechanic Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the refrigeration mechanic position over time.
Refrigeration Mechanic Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, home appliances mechanic and machine repairman have the biggest difference in gender.
|Hydraulic Press Servicer||23%||75%|
|Home Appliances Mechanic||98%||2%|
Refrigeration Mechanic Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among refrigeration mechanics is White, which makes up 67.1% of all refrigeration mechanics. Comparatively, there are 19.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 9.1% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 67.1%
- Hispanic or Latino, 19.3%
- Black or African American, 9.1%
- Asian, 2.1%
- Unknown, 1.7%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.7%
Refrigeration Mechanic Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among refrigeration mechanics.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Refrigeration Mechanic Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Refrigeration Mechanic
We determined the average age of refrigeration mechanics based on ethnicity and gender.
Refrigeration Mechanic Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of refrigeration mechanic employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of refrigeration mechanics is 40+ years old, which represents 52% of the population.
Types of Refrigeration Mechanic Degree Levels
The most common degree for refrigeration mechanics is associate degree 33% of refrigeration mechanics earn that degree. A close second is high school diploma with 27% and rounding it off is diploma with 13%.
- Associate, 33%
- High School Diploma, 27%
- Diploma, 13%
- Bachelors, 8%
- Other Degrees, 19%
Refrigeration Mechanic Jobs You Might Like
Refrigeration Mechanic Wage Gap By Education
Refrigeration Mechanic Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ refrigeration mechanics. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most refrigeration mechanics is the retail industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire refrigeration mechanics.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Refrigeration Mechanic Work In
Employees with the refrigeration mechanic job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most refrigeration mechanics prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Refrigeration Mechanics
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ refrigeration mechanics. Those industries include retail, manufacturing and health care.
Refrigeration Mechanic Turnover And Employment Statistics
Refrigeration Mechanic Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of refrigeration mechanics changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Refrigeration Mechanic Stay in a Job
By looking over 973 refrigeration mechanics resumes, we figured out that the average refrigeration mechanic enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 31%.