Jennie-O Turkey Store - Research Farm Technician A Part-Time, Barron, WI.
Hormel Foods Corp
1. Manage Research Farm in absences of Research Farm Manager
2. Help with bird moves
3. Work every other weekend
4. Assist with feeding and weighing turkeys on trial
5. Have reliable transportation for travel to work
6. Perform repairs and maintenance on equipment
7. Assist wash and manure crew as needed
* Good math skills
* Able to read and write at high school level
* Cannot own or raise any type of fowl (chicken, geese, ducks, parakeets & pheasants, etc.)
* Ability to meet all sanitation requirements
* Must have reliable and flexible transportation
* Ability to work scheduled weekends and holidays
* Able to work in a smoke free environment
* PHYSICAL: Able to twist, stoop, bend, lift, carry and reach while handling turkeys, feed, litter, equipment in a weight range of 10-50 pounds from occasionally to frequent basis
* Ability to work in a dusty environment
* Able to walk on uneven surfaces
* Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving background (2 years)
Previous animal husbandry experience and supervisory skills based on experience or training
What you will receive
* Competitive pay with annual performance and pay review
* FREE two-year community/technical college tuition for children of employees (hormelinspiredpathways.com).
* Relocation Assistance Program for eligible applicants.
* Training - You will be trained on all equipment and procedures to prepare you for the role.
* Advancement opportunities- You are on a direct track to move into higher roles including operator and lead positions, even supervision and management.
* Employment with a solid employer - People stay here for the great employee experience and the long-term opportunities available.
Questions on our on-line application process? Please call 715-537-3131 and we will help!
At Jennie-O Turkey Store we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.