What Does A Residential Advisor Do At Career Systems Development-Job Corp
* 1. Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a mentor.* Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, special recreation activities, cafeteria monitoring, transportation, and programmed activities.* Provides informal counseling related to stress management, personal problems, emergency or home situations, etc., with students, and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes.* Prepares reports and forms and annotates logs to ensure accurate documentation of daily observations of student’s progress, performance, behavior and attitudes, staff breaks, emergency information, communication information, references to critical information contained in folders.* Facilitates groups in life skills including budgeting, renter’s rights, completing a lease, completing chores, etc.* Facilitates small group discussions in life skills, peer mediation, conflict resolution, etc.* Performs other duties as assigned
What Does A Residential Advisor Do At UPMC
* Assist in developing, planning, implementing and evaluating group programming along with other group other specialist at the LTSR.* Maintain accuracy and completeness of the client records in compliance with WPIC standards.* This includes the complete and accurate documentation as assigned.* Maintaining the safety and security of the LTSR by making routine rounds of the entire residence to ensure safety, monitor all consumer areas and intervene in crisis situations.* Manages crisis situations effectively using positive approaches and consistent ability to respond calmly and effectively, using good clinical judgment.* Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, working in conjunction with ambulatory care staff, program staff, and physicians, ICM's to provide comprehensive, coordinated care.* Participate in the development and implementation of treatment plan.* Participate in implementing group therapy for residents at the LTSR acting as the lead or co-leader.* Provide self help skills training on areas such as daily living, socialization, interpersonal effectiveness, social skills, and community involvement.* Provide community outreach as needed.* Provides direct care to the residents in longer term structured residence based on CSP principles, recovery and rehabilitation model of care.* Demonstrate knowledge of mental health principles related to the SPMI population.* This includes: serves as a role model to residents, facilitates skill generalization, and maintain the therapeutic milieu.* Provides residents with ADL assessment.* Provides self help training with ADL and creates a plan with assigned resident to target skill development.* Assist with ADLs which includes hygiene and laundry as needed.* Qualifications * Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling required
What Does A Residential Advisor Do At Resources for Human Development, Inc.
* Monitor the safety and comfort of individuals, while ensuring that their medical, nutritional, personal care and behavioral health needs are being met.* Support individuals to identify and achieve the personal outcomes important to them.* Interact with individuals in an emotionally supportive and therapeutic manner, and practice effective techniques for reinforcing appropriate individual behavior.* Provide counseling, guidance, direction and/or redirection to individuals as needed.* Utilize crisis management skills.* Provide transportation and assist individuals with integration into the community by accompanying them on various activities.* Assist individuals with general housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, and shopping duties.* Complete assigned cleaning tasks on a routine basis in order to maintain a neat, clean and safe environment.* Assist individuals in the handling of money and finances.* Provide age appropriate leisure time activities
What Does A Residential Advisor Do At Management & Training Corporation
* 1. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives* Determine, recommend and arrange student visits to counselor* Direct dorm activities as designated including dorm government and dorm courts* Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems* Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center* Transport students to and from recreational functions* Prepare the morning report, pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students* Direct students or assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory
What Does A Residential Advisor Do At Chugach Management Services, Inc.
* Maintain positive and effective relations with students.* Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in the dormitory living situation, and to accomplish their goals and objectives.* Determine and recommend student visits to the counselor and health staff as appropriate.* Supervise, direct, and monitor dorm and student activities, as designated, including dorm government and peer court.* Assist with dorm and recreational activities both on and off Center.* Transport students, as needed, to and from recreational activities, airports, stores, bus stations, etc.* Prepare the morning report; pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students, including evaluations.* Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.* Complete dorm and room inspections as assigned.* Identify and communicate dorm maintenance needs to dorm supervisor or designee.* Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.* Conduct group counseling sessions and dorm meetings in accordance with the schedule.* As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities as well as other Center committees and activities.* Maintain dormitory and individual student files.* Ensure files are complete, updated, and contain all required documentation.* Participate in student training, as appropriate, and evaluate student progress as part of interdepartmental teams.* Serve as CDO when assigned by management in absence of social development manager or dorm supervisors.* Maintain accountability of students and property.* Adhere to standard safety practices.* Cultivate and maintain a positive Center climate that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect, in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.* Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.* Assist with monitoring student clothing trips, as required.* Perform all other related duties as assigned.* Accountable For:* Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.* Timely and cost effective performance of duties.* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.* Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments * Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.* Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.* Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.* Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.* Mandatory* High School Diploma or equivalent.* Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.* Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.* Preferred* Previous experience with Job Corps program* Previous experience within a residential youth program* Associate’s degree in counseling, social work, rehabilitation, or related field.* Two (2) years working with youth