Nicolet National Bank
Teller Job in Medford, WI
Before proceeding with the application process, please review the Fair Credit Reporting Act attachment at the bottom of the page.
This position is responsible for interacting with customers to complete transactions, resolve problems and cross-sell bank products and services. Promotes business for the Bank by maintaining a high level of customer service and by referring customers to appropriate staff where necessary.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are essential job responsibilities:
1. Attracts and retains customer relationships by extending a courteous greeting and by providing accurate and timely customer service which includes, but is not limited to, cashing checks, accepting deposits, and withdrawals, handling loan payments, dispensing cashier’s checks and bonds, paying savings withdrawals within established guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction.
2. Organizes, balances and proofs cash daily to maintain accurate transactions processed. Identifies payees and verifies signatures and endorsements.
3. Stays current on applicable banking regulations and security procedures and practices to prevent fraud or other bank losses and to comply with regulatory requirements.
4. Answers customer telephone inquiries and provides information in accordance with bank policies.
5. Assists with night depository duties, which includes logging bags, processing deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts, etc.
6. Promotes bank products and services by identifying customer needs and suggesting appropriate products to increase customer account relationships. Recommends corrective services to resolve customer complaints.
The following job responsibilities may be reassigned:
Other related duties as assigned or requested.
KEY JOB BEHAVIORS
PC, phone system, general office equipment
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Solid judgment and decision-making skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, specifically, the ability to effectively write a variety of correspondence and reports and to explain complex policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the bank in a professional and positive manner.
Uphold the bank’s philosophy and policies by maintaining appropriate controls to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of the bank.
Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to understand the value of diversity within the workplace and to work successfully with others without regard to age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion, disability status, socioeconomic status or other non-job-related classification. A commitment to the bank's policies on equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination with a willingness to pursue efforts of inclusion and respect toward different perspectives.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
1 year cash handling experience
In compliance with the ADA, performance of this job requires certain physical demands. These demands are as follows but not limited to the ability to sit, stand and walk often throughout the day, constantly be able to operate with their hands and arms, occasionally ascend/descend flights of stairs, position themselves frequently throughout the day, communicate with other employees, able to examine their work and regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. These physical demands must be met by an employee to be successful and perform at full potential but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.