Big Cedar Lodge
Groundskeeper Supervisor Job in Branson, MO
To perform the maintenance and upkeep of all grounds including plants, trees, lawn areas, drives, walkways, ponds, irrigation systems, snow and ice removal, trash and recycle, moving services to various departments and all equipment to provide guest safety and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform the cutting, trimming, seeding, irrigation and chemical application of all lawn areas.
2. Perform flower bed preparation, planting, weeding, irrigation and chemical application of all flower beds and planting areas.
3. Perform the cleaning of debris, removal of snow and ice, spreading of sand and ice melt and repair of all walkways, trails, drives and parking areas.
4. Perform tree maintenance including trimming, removal and irrigation.
5. Perform maintenance, repairs and winterization of irrigation systems.
6. Perform maintenance of landscaping equipment and tools.
7. Keep supervisor informed of equipment and supply needs.
8. Acquire working knowledge of the Lodge and facilities to respond appropriately to guest questions, as required.
9. Keep supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
10. Be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
11. Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or on to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registratio
ns: Must be at least 18 years of age, have a safe driving record and be able to obtain a Missouri class E or Arkansas P designated drivers license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee will be exposed to poison ivy, oak and sumac on a regular basis, and must be able to work closely with these plants and possibly other toxic plant materials.