Utility Worker - 2nd Shift - Wet Pet Food Facility
Darling Ingredients, Inc.
Responsible for performing duties related to production and meeting shipping deadlines in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for the cleanliness of plant and equipment.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
* Operate machinery used in production process or assist machine operators.
* Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting and wrapping.
* Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
* Start machines or equipment to begin production processes.
* Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators, supervisor or maintenance of any malfunctions.
* Remove products or waste material from machines.
* Lift raw materials, finished products and packed items, manually.
* Transfer finished product, raw material between storage and work areas of plant by hand or using forklift.
* Pack and store materials and products.
* Mark and tag products.
* Dump materials into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
* Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
* May be asked on occasion to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level or proficiency or not related to this classification.
* Required to know, implement and delegate FSMS responsibilities as required.
* High school diploma / GED.
* Successful applicants must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, bend, crawl as well as push/pull items while working in a fast-paced environment of varying temperatures and with possible slippery surfaces.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment.