White Earth Housing Authority
Executive Director Job in Waubun, MN
The White Earth Housing Authority is currently seeking qualified applicants who will oversee the administrative functions of the Housing Authority, including complex grant and budget management: grant application; resource development; supervision of personnel and general construction, rehabilitation and maintenance oversite
• Takes an active approach to ensuring that activities conform to all federal, tribal local and other requirements.
• Upholds the fiduciary responsibilities of the Housing Authority and advocates for the long-term goals of the Housing Authority and its programs.
• Works with consultants, attorney in review of private investor tax credit proposals; assesses feasibility, costs, benefits and consequences of future developments.
• Preparation and/or collaboration with attorney in legal document preparation regarding contracts, limited partnerships, land leases, title review, unit lease, management services and others as needed
• Administer NAHASDA funded programs following the Federal Statue and Regulations.
• Seeks additional funds to leverage, develop and administer additional and/or expand current housing programs.
• Ensuring compliance with all due diligence requirements of funding sources (public and private) in guaranteeing the investment.
• Ensures the timely and accurate filing of documents and continuous monitoring for compliance with HUD, IRS, USDA, State of Minnesota and other private funding sources.
• Work with Board of Commissioners in the development of Housing Authorities Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with Federal requirements; ensures implementation and adherence to established policies.
• Work with Human Resources in all staff hires, disciplinary actions and salary adjustments.
• Act as a role-model in fostering team relationships; lead by example and model's effective communications and empowerment behavior.
• Conducts regular staff and administrative meetings with staff members to ensure the ongoing flow of information.
• Provides clear directions and establishes performance including evaluations, recognitions and performance correction.
• Demonstrates initiative and performs all other activities in a professional business manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience in rental management with preference given to those with experience in the development and management of Indian Housing.
• Previous experience in the supervision of 30 or more employees for a minimum of 8 years in responsible management position with a public or private organization.
• Ability to provide budgetary and fiscal management within the confines set forth by funding, federal and other sources.
• Ability to oversee and make appropriate decisions regarding the development and construction of rental housing units and rehabilitation programs.
• Knowledge of the demographics, culture, customs and geography of the White Earth Reservation.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good relations with staff, tenants, community members and tribal, federal and state officials.
• Knowledge of tribal and county social services programs.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state and tribal regulations.
• Bachelor's in Business, Public Administration, Management or related field. Work experience maybe taken into consideration in lieu of education.
• Ability to interpret and implement a wide variety of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to Indian Housing, including NAHASDA; labor and employment, fiscal accounting (GASB & GAAP); procurement; property management; environment compliance; construction and contract administration.
• Must have the ability to complete technical, security and other vocational training required to meet program guidelines within the framework set forth by the White Earth Housing Authority, its grantors, the tribe and other interested parties.
EEO with Native American Preference. A Drug Free Workplace - Tests for alcohol and illegal drug use will be required prior to and during employment.